The Cadets are being sued by a former member for alleged sexual abuse in the 80s

18 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

GH was still marching Crossmen in 1978.  1979 was his first year on Garfield drum staff.  1983 was his first year as corps director. 

I do not know precisely when the leadership transition occurred.  It was announced in a press release in a DCW issue mailed on January 17th, 1983, which also mentions a corps camp held the weekend of December 31 through January 2.  The annual corps awards banquet was held during this camp.

GH: Asst Director in 1982 (summer). Became corps Director in September of 1982 (Santo retired). Here's a medium post where GH writes about this: https://medium.com/@hoppynj/the-beginning-bb071d83829b

• Like 4

First off I wish all the victims here justice. 

Second ,  This has Nothing to do with the Current Cadets org and to add them to a 20 yr old suit and deprive these students of this is just wrong . 

Third, This had nothing to do with HOP ,The Cadets ,YEA ,or Garfield CADETS .  . This was not even a staff member . This was a friend of a staff member . and should have been brought up on charges 20 yrs ago. 

Edited by 777hornman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

Okay, that narrows down the timing.  But I need a shower after seeing that blog... 

Especially that last image...

10 minutes ago, 777hornman said:

First off I wish all the victims here justice. 

Second ,  This has Nothing to do with the Current Cadets org and to add them to a 20 yr old suit and deprive these students of this is just wrong . 

Third, This had nothing to do with HOP . This was not even a staff member . This was a friend of a staff member . and should have been brought up on charges 20 yrs ago. 

Someone needs some "Monsters Teach You Math" & I think 'HOP' is actually named in the lawsuit. 😂

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

I do not see the connection.  Sexual abuse does not make money for a drum corps, nor does it win trophies.

Is your subsequent post what you really meant?

no sexual abuse doesn't. but the mystique and the aura of the great Cadets...regardless of what quietly goes on behind the scenes...that makes money. just like bankers creating fake accounts made money, though it was done quietly.

just because it isn't public doesn't mean the culture isn't present.