The Cadets are being sued by a former member for alleged sexual abuse in the 80s

1 hour ago, scheherazadesghost said:

That makes my face do this 😬

The cajones on these plaintiffs. SoA and Cadets.

Erm, when is it time for public statements on behalf of each and DCI? (When was DCI added as a defendant? Do we have a way of knowing?) I say public statements because at some point, DCI and SoA will need to reassure MMs and loved ones that, despite two lawsuits, they can maintain their mission statements and provide safe environs.

Cadets can certainly do so too, as I assume this is a hiatus and not a fold. Certainly hiatus is all I think most drum corps fans can bear to contemplate for long.

i would imagine lawyers advised all parties to say nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I recall hearing that plaintiff was petitioning to get DCI added; per link they are now listed. So it happened within the last month or so.  

Although case is listed as going to arbitration on 20 Dec I wonder if that date will slip as now there is another defendant to get lawyers up to speed, depositions to take, etc.    More time, more billable hours.   

The Januals are going to be interesting.   I doubt we’ll hear anything dramatic, but if I were representing one of the Corps that actually has its #### together I would be asking hard questions.  

IMO the corps are too self serving to think that big picture.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

The Januals are going to be interesting.   I doubt we’ll hear anything dramatic, but if I were representing one of the Corps that actually has its #### together I would be asking hard questions.  

And which corps would that be?

On 11/17/2023 at 2:36 PM, DCI-1983-91 said:

Al Chez, I believe, as well as another soloist called Goober? If memory serves. 

SAME person .I believe Goober was a childhood nickname he had for drum corps. He used Al chez for pro gigs and Goober for corps. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Geez. Does anyone have any good news today? 

I guess I do. T(friggin)GIF. 

Yes. Nobody knows what drum corps is. So this is pretty much a tempest in a teapot. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Well, from what I can tell BD, Boston & Colts seem to fit into that category.  Probably others as well. 

I doubt corps as old as these don't have something buried in their closet. This incident was more than 40 years ago, corps might have their act together now but that doesn't make them immune to this kind of thing