DCI 2024 SCHEDULE

5 hours ago, LabMaster said:

I’m hearing the long time Beanpot Show is gone.  With Cadets gone, Bostons early show/s are in jeopardy.  There may be only one WC show in the northeast now.  

Cadets not being in the mix will impact the early season shows in Boston. I was not expecting two shows in late June/early July. I’m thinking there will still be an August show. Most likely I will go to the shows in the area no matter what, but I hope there will be more than two WC corps in the early shows and more than four in August.

6 hours ago, Phantom56 said:

With the Cadets gone, will the Bluecoats or Crown head up to Boston? 

Unless Boston and Crown have become best buds, BC might be a possibility.  Not sure how the CC and BAC relationship is currently.

4 hours ago, Tim K said:

Cadets not being in the mix will impact the early season shows in Boston. I was not expecting two shows in late June/early July. I’m thinking there will still be an August show. Most likely I will go to the shows in the area no matter what, but I hope there will be more than two WC corps in the early shows and more than four in August.

in the east this gives a great opportunity to add in the all age corps on weekend shows.

• Like 2

I am guessing there will be no early shows this year in Boston, but hopefully still the show in Lawrence right before Allentown.  I'll bet that BAC management made the calculation that shows in Quincy or Lynn in late June with just one World Class corps and two open corps who may or may not have complete shows that early wouldn't be financially wise.  Also, I have nothing against all age corps being included (I think that was the original intent) but I'm not sure how much of a draw they would add in Massachusetts. 

Interesting historical note:  Back in the late 70s and early 80s, you could have a late June show in Lynn with FIVE "world" class corps and another five really good "open" class corps and there would be no busses in the lot; everyone drove their cars to the show because all these corps were from Massachusetts!

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Phantom56 said:

The Boston 4th of July shows could add three All-age corps, along with Boston, Spartans, Bluecoats or Crown.Perhaps Spirit.  Most of the 12 All-age corps are located on the East coast, and could now fill out any DCI shows held in those states. 

It depends on where the 4th falls. Many of the all age corps do the Maryland parades because the money is huge. Some do 5 in a day

Hopefully canton show is part of the pro football hall of fame ceremonies again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phantom56 said:

The Boston 4th of July shows could add three All-age corps, along with Boston, Spartans, Bluecoats or Crown.Perhaps Spirit.  Most of the 12 All-age corps are located on the East coast, and could now fill out any DCI shows held in those states. 

I wish.