DCI 2024 SCHEDULE

2 hours ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

Hopefully canton show is part of the pro football hall of fame ceremonies again

I think you will be happy with this show’s lineup

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Per Cascades' website, there will be some PNW shows this coming season:
https://www.seattlecascades.org/single-post/dci-tour-returns-to-the-pacific-northwest

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I think you will be happy with this show’s lineup

👀

• Haha 1

The Canton/Akron Bluecoats shows always gets a stellar line-up. As does Murfreesboro. But the East coast is now basically reduced to Allentown weekend. East coast fans, New England, New Jersey deserve a few good shows over the 4th of July weekend. The Clifton show is gone, the Beanpot/Lynn show is gone. 

12 hours ago, Phantom56 said:

The Canton/Akron Bluecoats shows always gets a stellar line-up. As does Murfreesboro. But the East coast is now basically reduced to Allentown weekend. East coast fans, New England, New Jersey deserve a few good shows over the 4th of July weekend. The Clifton show is gone, the Beanpot/Lynn show is gone. 

It’s a great show in Canton.  The sad thing is that it’s been rained out for the last two years. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s a great show in Canton.  The sad thing is that it’s been rained out for the last two years. 

Yeah but it was really cool of Bloo to do their full show in the rain last year. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, crownisking said:

Yeah but it was really cool of Bloo to do their full show in the rain last year. 

I would have loved to have been there but I was at the other show in Ohio.  Weather was good and it was my first show in about a year so I was 🤗🤗🤗🤗

(I’m hinting around that I wish they’d have the two Ohio shows a day apart so I can go to both 😆)

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Phantom56 said:

Annapolis and Surf's show. the group that hosted the OC+Surf show near York PA plans to go again this summer....heck with All age not sure with the shorter season who will have shows when. you have the NWPA shows for OC and i guess Erie plus Pittsburgh. thats it. so the regional model people keep harkening for really isn't feasible on the right third of the country

• Like 2

On 11/9/2023 at 8:03 AM, craiga said:

I am guessing there will be no early shows this year in Boston, but hopefully still the show in Lawrence right before Allentown.  I'll bet that BAC management made the calculation that shows in Quincy or Lynn in late June with just one World Class corps and two open corps who may or may not have complete shows that early wouldn't be financially wise.  Also, I have nothing against all age corps being included (I think that was the original intent) but I'm not sure how much of a draw they would add in Massachusetts. 

Interesting historical note:  Back in the late 70s and early 80s, you could have a late June show in Lynn with FIVE "world" class corps and another five really good "open" class corps and there would be no busses in the lot; everyone drove their cars to the show because all these corps were from Massachusetts!

Only one New England show has been in the works for years. I had heard that DCI wanted one larger show at a good venue that would attract more people, probably Gillette or Boston College. In 2015 DCI wanted to cancel Bristol claiming the venue was not safe for the props. The Bristol folks were told they could host an OC show but it would be in late July. Cranston became a compromise and that didn’t work out that well. After 2017 there was no show in Rhode Island. About 2019 I began hearing one New Jersey show in late June/early July and a Boston area show leading up to Allentown. This was more scuttlebutt in Indy but their predictions about other schedule changes were accurate. My prediction is that the lineup in either Annapolis or Glassboro will travel to most likely Lawrence for the one show. Annapolis always has a great show and I’ve been to the two Glassboro shows and the lineup has been great too.