DCI 2024 SCHEDULE

1 hour ago, JFitz19 said:

I well remember all those corps.  But going back 20 years to 1960, it was much different.  

It was particularly different right then.  In 1960 (and again in 1961 and 1962), only four states (Massachusetts, New Jersey, Illinois, Wisconsin) put corps in VFW finals.

11 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

This one interests me as I live in Myrtle Beach.

Brass at the Beach, July 5, TBD, SC

Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA
Carolina Crown - Fort Mill, SC
Crossmen - San Antonio, TX
Heat Wave - Tampa Bay, FL
Music City - Nashville, TN
Spirit of Atlanta - Atlanta, GA

Is anyone on here involved with the planning of this show? Any event in SC that refers to the beach is typically in the Myrtle Beach area.  Quite a few years ago they were trying to bring a show to the Coastal Carolina U stadium.

You’re probably right but I would argue that the Charleston area is more deserving of a drum corps show. Larger population and there are a number of strong high school band programs in the greater Charleston area so it could serve as a recruiting tool as well. 

16 minutes ago, crownisking said:

You’re probably right but I would argue that the Charleston area is more deserving of a drum corps show. Larger population and there are a number of strong high school band programs in the greater Charleston area so it could serve as a recruiting tool as well. 

Maybe. But Steve Rondinaro does live in North Myrtle Beach and is a member of the CCU faculty.  

Edited by mcjordansc

1 hour ago, Tony Flores said:

Le Sigh, no St louis area shows...i have no desire to drive to Kansas on a weekday, ditto with Oklahoma. 

yeah...Bucs first home show running the same night as San Antonio and then the second show the day after Allentown. not sure i can convince the family to do all 3 days

59 minutes ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

The schedule this year seems very… light in terms of corps per shows. Also MBI was supposed to do field competition but they aren’t on all age.

well they may need to go through the approval process and could be added later

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

In last season’s Top 12 , the Colts will be in the most shows at 25 shows ( assuming 3 in Indy  ) … and the Bluecoats will  in the smallest number of show’s 19 shows ( also assuming the 3 in Indy ) . All the others of the Top 12 will be between 21-24 shows including Indy .

Actually I think the Cadets will have the fewest shows, to be fair.

• Like 1