DCI 2024 SCHEDULE

2 hours ago, Tony Flores said:

Le Sigh, no St louis area shows...i have no desire to drive to Kansas on a weekday, ditto with Oklahoma. 

I wonder if the talk of the Sky Ryders coming back to life at some point influenced the show scheduled in Hutchinson. That's the show, I believe, was formerly held in past years in the Kansas City area. Not that Kansas City is a puddle jump from St. Louis.

13 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Although we might go up to the Chicago area, visit my sister and catch a few shows up there.   

Cavaliers pulled a pretty good lineup for their home show (six of the 2023 Finalists, including Boston and Crown).

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Oops sold out. I’m going to try the Hilton Garden inn by the airport.  

You can also look at the Embassy Suites which is a bit further south and across I-77 from the HGI and airport. We've had family stay there several times for college graduations and a wedding.  If the stars all align, looking forward to potentially meeting a lot of you fine folks! I've met several at this show over the years.

• Like 1

Canton and Pittsburgh shows on the same night (of course) so no SCV for me 😔 unless I try to get to Annapolis (~6 hr drive)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Must be nice to have local shows.   

It is but I can definitely empathize with you as well. Before I moved to Texas, I lived in the drum corps desert known as Florida. Before that, I lived in South Carolina where shows got rained out all the time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boss Anova said:

In last season’s Top 12 , the Colts will be in the most shows at 25 shows ( assuming 3 in Indy  ) … and the Bluecoats will  in the smallest number of show’s 19 shows ( also assuming the 3 in Indy ) . All the others of the Top 12 will be between 21-24 shows including Indy .

Bluecoats had 19 shows last year as well

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Cavaliers pulled a pretty good lineup for their home show (six of the 2023 Finalists, including Boston and Crown).

I love going to Benedictine.  The Bavarian Lodge is right down Ogden, too. 

24 minutes ago, gak27 said:

You can also look at the Embassy Suites which is a bit further south and across I-77 from the HGI and airport. We've had family stay there several times for college graduations and a wedding.  If the stars all align, looking forward to potentially meeting a lot of you fine folks! I've met several at this show over the years.

Wow, you were in Finleyville in 74.  Why did I miss that in your signature?  I remember Dave Hill (rest in peace) telling me that he worked with your brass.

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Oops sold out. I’m going to try the Hilton Garden inn by the airport.  

Any luck with this one?

This is the exact one that I was going to recommend, but you beat me to it 😀.

I’ve stayed there a couple of times, and it’s a good hotel.  Very convenient - to downtown Canton (nice set of restaurants/bars), Akron, NFL Hall of Fame, and especially the airport if you need it.

I can provide some good restaurant recommendations in downtown Canton, if needed!

• Thanks 1

I'll be back with data analysis in a day or two, but here's a spreadsheet version of everything on today's schedule release with some historical data.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

33 minutes ago, Quad Aces said:

Any luck with this one?

This is the exact one that I was going to recommend, but you beat me to it 😀.

I’ve stayed there a couple of times, and it’s a good hotel.  Very convenient - to downtown Canton (nice set of restaurants/bars), Akron, NFL Hall of Fame, and especially the airport if you need it.

I can provide some good restaurant recommendations in downtown Canton, if needed!

We got in at the airport HGI. We’re going to go to the hall of fame on Tuesday before we go back to Cincinnati.  It’s senior day 😂

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Haha 2