Corps That Have Moved and Why?

On 11/17/2023 at 8:10 PM, Terri Schehr said:

My parents went to the Joliet, Illinois show in 1972 and when the fight started in concert in Des Plaines show, my Mom told my Dad that they were fighting and it was time to leave.  🤦‍♀️

Good thing they didn't sing the lyrics to one of the songs from Hair: "Prisoners in ******town" from that show.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Does the move from Rockford to Loves Park and back count?

You’re an old timer like me.  😂. Did PR ever hold their show at Harlem high school? Or is that the IDBCA show I’m thinking of? I definitely remember that show in 1973 because that’s where the Viscounts got a 7.7.  Total score. 😳

Kilties went on right after them. I asked Jim if he remembers that but he doesn’t. I guess the old saying that if you remember the 70’s, you weren’t there is true. 

It’s funny what the mind remembers.  I can’t even go to Publix for three items now without a post it note but I can remember 💩 like that. 🤦‍♀️

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Haha 5

On 11/17/2023 at 9:10 PM, Terri Schehr said:

My parents went to the Joliet, Illinois show in 1972 and when the fight started in concert in Des Plaines show, my Mom told my Dad that they were fighting and it was time to leave.  🤦‍♀️

Fight?

28 minutes ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

Fight?

They reenacted the rumble in West Side Story. It may be on YouTube somewhere.  Des Plaines Vanguard 1972.   I don’t know if you’ve watched legacy drum corps but it’s an entirely different beast than now.  It laid the foundation.  I believe you can appreciate both. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Thanks 3

47 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

You’re an old timer like me.  😂. Did PR ever hold their show at Harlem high school? Or is that the IDBCA show I’m thinking of? I definitely remember that show in 1973 because that’s where the Viscounts got a 7.7.  Total score. 😳

Kilties went on right after them. I asked Jim if he remembers that but he doesn’t. I guess the old saying that if you remember the 70’s, you weren’t there is true. 

It’s funny what the mind remembers.  I can’t even go to Publix for three items now without a post it note but I can remember 💩 like that. 🤦‍♀️

I don’t think SOS was ever held at Harlem High, at least when we marched. It would have been at the old campus because the “New” High School opened in Machesney Park in ‘75. I always remember it being at Boylan HS.

just an FYI… I started taking Prevagen about a year ago. I now have the memory of a jellyfish!🪼

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

I don’t think SOS was ever held at Harlem High, at least when we marched. It would have been at the old campus because the “New” High School opened in Machesney Park in ‘75. I always remember it being at Boylan HS.

just an FYI… I started taking Prevagen about a year ago. I now have the memory of a jellyfish!🪼

Just what my wife states that I need; 'no brains but the ability to learn & form memories'. :spitting: 

• Haha 3