Corps That Have Moved and Why?

4 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

In either 74 or 75 the Blue Devils were introduced as being from Walnut Creek, CA.

Forgot about that. That's true. 

Also @greg_orangecounty the Kingsmen were from Anaheim, Orange and one other city I think too, right?

Though many of these changes listed on the thread were sponsor (VFW/AL or otherwise) related. 

6 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Forgot about that. That's true. 

Also @greg_orangecounty the Kingsmen were from Anaheim, Orange and one other city I think too, right?

I remember them being announced from Anaheim, Orange County, and (90% sure on this) from Placentia. 

Edited by Slingerland
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Slingerland said:

It was either that or die. YEA didn't want to manage them anymore, and they had someone in San Antonio who was willing to take them on. The worst move would have been to fold.

the groups here in PA could have done it, but keeping them local was viewed as more of an issue than the money

3 hours ago, Slingerland said:

I remember them being announced from Anaheim, Orange County, and (90% sure on this) from Placentia. 

Ding, ding, ding. Placentia FTW.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t think so.  Cap Sound was under the umbrella in Madison, though. 

I thought Madison helped Southwind out financially one year bringing them under their umbrella, and then Southwind bought themselves back out from under the next year or 2 later.

20 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Though many of these changes listed on the thread were sponsor (VFW/AL or otherwise) related. 

True. The Blessed Sacrament church in Newark stopped supporting the Golden Knights, and they moved to Union NJ their last year. Happened a lot.

1 hour ago, bluecoats88 said:

I thought Madison helped Southwind out financially one year bringing them under their umbrella, and then Southwind bought themselves back out from under the next year or 2 later.

That may have happened.  I just wasn’t aware of it.  I remember Cap Sound people, myself included, getting all the cast off equipment despite having the kids and parents who worked all the fundraisers.  We were steamed about Southwinds new food truck in 1999. Seems trivial now but at the time… 🔥