Multiple Corps Auditions “Urban Legend”?

2 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

“People are saying.” 😂

Ah yes.  As someone about to grade another round of undergraduate essays, i'm steeling myself for the eventual... "Since the dawn of time, it has been known that..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

$500 for an audition?  That idea belongs in the revenue thread we had going last month.

Pay for airfare, maybe hotel room for parents.  that is what I think they ment by $500 to audition

Edited by totaleefree

My son was at the Colts Audition this past weekend in Kansas City.  For him it was $80 per full camp.  They also have to join the "Red Zone", that is a 1 time $125 fee.  So for my son who drove from Des Moines with two others this first camp cost them $205 plus two tanka of gas.  So for someone Flying Inn I could see a tryout weekend cracking close to $500.  

But for a second camp my son is looking at only the $80 and tank of gas.

Just some info on cost for a finalist Corp from last year.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Possibly includes travel to audition & back

But this would be three auditions.  I figured with the likelihood of conflicting dates, only one or two could be in-person with the rest as video auditions.  And if video auditions go for $500 apiece, I am starting a corps tonight.

6 hours ago, contraguard05 said:

It's like the Douglas Adams quote on technology:

1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.

2. Anything that’s invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.

3. Anything invented after you’re thirty-five is against the natural order of things.

i'm 54. i like what i see on the field the last few years more than what was on the field when i marched and taught from 89-01

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, TOC said:

There's a discussion about that fee waiting to take place.   Reads like a money grab to me.

Yeah. I was thinking of marching colts when I graduate HS but like I’d rather go do colt cadets for a year (I’m a WW learning trumpet) and then go do like Madison scouts or troopers

• Like 2