DCI Januals 2024

This is 10 days to build, 5 days take down, I have no idea why people think it can't be taken down and a stadium returfed in 46 days. Gen COn is also the week before DCI and they plan to be in Lucas Oil    

The Indianapolis Colts’ home dome will have its turf replaced starting in March 2024, per Monica Brase, a public information and marketing manager for Lucas Oil Stadium and the Indiana Convention Center.

The project is estimated to cost $1.2 million and be completed by July 2024. The old turf will be removed in March because Lucas Oil Stadium is slated to host the USA Swimming’s Olympic team trials from June 15-23.

It says completed by July in the Press release.

Edited by totaleefree
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Been there & done that in college in the Sugar Bowl. Crazy echo in that dome with the round design & lack of sound dampening materials.  

During the show the first time we turned backfield I totally lost the beat. Had to stop playing and look at peoples feet. Would love to hear a recording to know how bad the sound was.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TOC said:

Now you've done it.  For those not connected, it might get harder to get those last row seats.  Always thought renting out stadium seats would be profitable for event organizers. 

not connected, i just have bought seats so many years i get the notification for the early  purchase option

14 hours ago, totaleefree said:

This is 10 days to build, 5 days take down, I have no idea why people think it can't be taken down and a stadium returfed in 46 days. Gen COn is also the week before DCI and they plan to be in Lucas Oil    

The Indianapolis Colts’ home dome will have its turf replaced starting in March 2024, per Monica Brase, a public information and marketing manager for Lucas Oil Stadium and the Indiana Convention Center.

The project is estimated to cost $1.2 million and be completed by July 2024. The old turf will be removed in March because Lucas Oil Stadium is slated to host the USA Swimming’s Olympic team trials from June 15-23.

It says completed by July in the Press release.

and press releases are NEVER wrong.

(insert sarcasm here)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

So does anyone know what was discussed or what decision(s) were made?

i have seen very little official released. a few all age directors posted some pictures from their meeting

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i have seen very little official released. a few all age directors posted some pictures from their meeting

I would hope that there would be deep discussions on how to reduce costs / increase revenue as well as the status of the various member-abuse lawsuits to which DCI is a defendant.  I understand that it is unlikely (& unwise) to comment about ongoing litigation.   But closing cost / revenue gap is key to long term success - I would think that this could get a mention, esp considering there were no rules proposals to distract us this year. 

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
Further pontificating
  • Like 2

Some news other than just pictures on social media:

Welcome to Emily Neuendorf, Stuart Pompel (Pacific Crest Drum & Bugle Corps) and Brandon Stansbury (Phantom Regiment) as the newest members of the DCI Board of Directors.

https://dci.org/news/dci-membership-fills-open-board-of-directors-seats-2024?fbclid=IwAR2gcJVhAcwxBXLNZBXZ38AHfALdFV1xNObHXRJtOhIV9IUmyvCh8mIlCe0

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

On 1/5/2024 at 3:55 PM, Terri Schehr said:

The old place was much worse.  People would have their horns down and you’d still hear them playing. 

I have heard horror stories of marching at The Metrodome. My directors are like “however bad you think the echo at US Bank is, the Met was even worse”. Considering the RCA dome was very similar to the Met, I can imagine how bad it would be lol.

• Like 1