DCI Januals 2024

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

all businesses require someone elses money to survive in one fashion or another. in my line if people didn't get loans, we'd have no business, and if investors didnt buy the loans after funding on the secondary market, we'd have no business. for all we know he may have ideas to challenge the model. the guys background in sports is definitely something that can be leveraged for ways to find revenue. how many have all of us on here bashed DCI's marketing and lack of sponsors? i remember once reaching out to someone in DCi with ideas...gatorade, Under Armour etc...and got lip service as to why it wouldnt work. Here's a guy that could actually attract companies like that, and even better, maybe lessen the issues that come with ties to Varsity. Here's a guy that came from an activity that from what i have seen has a good record on participant safety also. he could leverage that info to maybe get DCI's head out of its ### on that.

this isn't going to be an overnight fix. the guys been here since November. i doubt we see any real action or plans until after the season honestly. but i'm willing to watch and see...unlike Sam Phillips who was a disaster, this guy has real world business ties that maybe just maybe DCI could finally access

Sam Mitchell.  Sam Phillips gave us Elvis. 

33 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

USA Today. and it seems they aren't as interested in the stories as the Inquirer was

Indy Star broke the Larry Nassar story.  Their reporters wouldn’t even need to make long distance phone calls & wouldn’t need to pack an overnight bag. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

all businesses require someone elses money to survive in one fashion or another. in my line if people didn't get loans, we'd have no business, and if investors didnt buy the loans after funding on the secondary market, we'd have no business. for all we know he may have ideas to challenge the model. the guys background in sports is definitely something that can be leveraged for ways to find revenue. how many have all of us on here bashed DCI's marketing and lack of sponsors? i remember once reaching out to someone in DCi with ideas...gatorade, Under Armour etc...and got lip service as to why it wouldnt work. Here's a guy that could actually attract companies like that, and even better, maybe lessen the issues that come with ties to Varsity. Here's a guy that came from an activity that from what i have seen has a good record on participant safety also. he could leverage that info to maybe get DCI's head out of its ### on that.

this isn't going to be an overnight fix. the guys been here since November. i doubt we see any real action or plans until after the season honestly. but i'm willing to watch and see...unlike Sam Phillips who was a disaster, this guy has real world business ties that maybe just maybe DCI could finally access

Just a couple examples of Corps that have been run by business savy individuals are Star of Indiana and Bluecoats.  Yes.... there are others out there for sure and Bill/Ted both had successful multi-million dollar businesses to connect the corps which doesn't happen everyday.  But the point is that hopefully every corps has a "Business Advisor" of some sort looking out to maximize its "rainy day" fund through creative fundraising, donations, sponsors, etc..  Also just because a person has that assignment, doesn't mean they know what they are doing!  Alumni networking can be a great help with this.   In order to get ahead these corps must be more proactive and incorporate business like financial practices.  Hopefully new director can help with all of this.  I'm impressed though that most corps are still with us today and have managed to navigate the financial turbulence of recent years.  Big Kudos to them!  

24 minutes ago, PercSnare said:

I'm impressed though that most corps are still with us today and have managed to navigate the financial turbulence of recent years.

Most corps have folded.  But I guess what you meant was that, out of the corps who made it to "recent years", most of them are still with us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Dan's not a hard journalist for DCI, so good luck. as for the lawsuits, i'm going to guess lawyers have final say on anything discussed

He could put out statement that he cannot speak to ongoing litigation, but there is no place in the activity for those who mistreat the participants.   DCI should publicly commit to this.  

22 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Every corps I was in is dead and gone. For decades. 

Me too

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Keith Hall said:

Goodbye (Garfield) Cadets! Sorry you had to leave and you will be missed.

Something new happen?