CA Dept of Justice issues SCV "LETTER OF GOOD STANDING"

As someone with an autoimmune related form of arthritis that is, thankfully mostly under control when medicated right (biologics) and absolutely disabling when not...yeah I'm trying to preserve my joints as long as possible.  When full out inflamed, the pain is legit grind.

10 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

As someone with an autoimmune related form of arthritis that is, thankfully mostly under control when medicated right (biologics) and absolutely disabling when not...yeah I'm trying to preserve my joints as long as possible.  When full out inflamed, the pain is legit grind.

I’m so sorry to hear that. It sounds kind of like RA.  My sister inherited that from our mom.  I just have the regular osteoarthritis. 

6 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

God love you, that’s the worst.  Knee replacement is not far behind.  You’ll wish for your own death for about two weeks but it will get better after that. PT is very painful but it really helps.  I still do PT at home everyday.  It takes about a year to fully recover.  Find a great surgeon.  I wish you the best. 

Concur with that! I had a knee replacement 4 1/2 months ago. PT is done, but I go to our gym (live in an adult community) 6 days a week to continue on my own. My PT guy helped me create a routine.

I am still not fully recovered. Feels like an elastic band across the front of my knee. But…getting better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

Concur with that! I had a knee replacement 4 1/2 months ago. PT is done, but I go to our gym (live in an adult community) 6 days a week to continue on my own. My PT guy helped me create a routine.

I am still not fully recovered. Feels like an elastic band across the front of my knee. But…getting better. 

It takes a full year.  Hang in there.  The tightness will lessen until you don’t even notice it anymore.  I’m one year in on 3/22. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m so sorry to hear that. It sounds kind of like RA.  My sister inherited that from our mom.  I just have the regular osteoarthritis. 

Ya, Hope has RA, too

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

It's similar.  Psoriatic Arthritis.  Which along with the skin is known as "Aches'n'Flakes"

4 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

A little surprised to see more people talking in here about autoimmune diseases.

I have something similar to this. AS. 
It was extremely debilitating until under control with biologics, and some days I wonder how I got through drum corps in that pain without biologics, as that was before I got put on them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

It's similar.  Psoriatic Arthritis.  Which along with the skin is known as "Aches'n'Flakes"

Mine is autoimmune at core as well - in the spinal nerves, but some question as to actual diagnosis.   The thing w/ autoimmune diseases is once you know that it is autoimmune, then the treatments are all the same. 

I have told every doctor that they better get a definitive diagnosis at autopsy or I will haunt every last one of them.   And I mean it.  

• Like 1

#TeamAutoimmuneFreaks

Yeah biologics are amazing and life giving.  MTX did some for me but nothing like biologics.  Enbrel worked a solid 18+ years before it started to wane. Which might have been from going off and coming back on for a live vaccine for international travel at one point.  

Tried Cosentyx and had a MAJOR glucose spike..really weird

So i got spooked a bit on biologics and tried Otezla...gave that thing a full four months and it coudl not touch the arthritis..

Simponi Aria gave me my life back.

• Like 2

Along with the arthritic discussion, I think this has run its course. If anything new comes out of this, a new thread can be created.