Vanguard 2024

On 2/6/2024 at 6:48 PM, TOC said:

ST hasn't begun yet, so wait until mid-June to fire away.  

Yes, but last time they started with $3,000,000 in cash and investments in reserve which they nowhere near have now.

The same head honchos are calling the shots.

The financial information they would be basing all planning decisions on according to their own CPA's are erroneous, and Bingo Revenues have an unknown operational aspect to it causing losses before Operating Expenses are even included. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, totaleefree said:

they are looking for assistants which means they probably have leads in place. Most corps havn't finalized admins yet and housing is pretty fluid for the tour. Sometimes you find out about housing within 48 hours of heading that way.  

yeah housing continues to be full of surprises regardless of what you think is nailed down in February

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

yeah housing continues to be full of surprises regardless of what you think is nailed down in February

Does the housing coordinator find housing for each stop on tour, or do they serve as go-between for Corps & housing site (which is found by show sponsors/DCI?

12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Oh that’s the truth right there.  The Cadets showed up at their housing in Cincinnati in 2014, it had fallen through and Jim had to get on the phone with his old Pride of Cincinnati folks and find them a place. Luckily, he was successful. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Does the housing coordinator find housing for each stop on tour, or do they serve as go-between for Corps & housing site (which is found by show sponsors/DCI?

well...yes. to start its sponsors/DCI, but often when things change, the housing coordinator does. also, if the corps has connections to places and want to find housing on their own, the coordinator does it.

in the past SCV had a coordinator that came on here asking for help for not only them, but other corps as well.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Oh that’s the truth right there.  The Cadets showed up at their housing in Cincinnati in 2014, it had fallen through and he had to get on the phone with his old Pride of Cincinnati folks and find them a place. Luckily, he was successful. 

being a former administrator for a band circuit often i would be contacted looking for help for corps coming through our area.

• Like 1

Oh, what a treat. I thought I was going to have to go a full day without any SCV bashing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

20 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Oh, what a treat. I thought I was going to have to go a full day without any SCV bashing. 

well an SCV line would probably be cleaner

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Yeah, one would think but when you are on a mission and nothing better to do...well you know.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2