Source music you discovered from DCI shows

I'm always anxious to see the new show music every year. One reason is I always discover new music that I listen to for the first time.  Here are a few off top of my head I listened to first through DCI but now I listen to regularly, and the Corp that introduced it to me. Would love to hear others!

Bjork- Cadets 2005, Crown 2023

Youn Sun Nah and Ulf Wakenius- Bluecoats

John Adams- Blue Stars

Bobby McFerrin- Blue Knights

Ennio Morricone- Troopers, Crown

Too many to list! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, scheherazadesghost said:

💪🏽😎

Obscure af and never would've known about it otherwise.

Love it! Thanks. I know I've heard it before can't place it. Maybe a high school group too. Maybe a movie. DCX says Cavaliers 2018. Have to check that next.

EDIT: Checked out Cavies 2018. I do remember that piece. That was an interesting show. I think I only saw that once that year. Enjoyed rewatching

Edited by frank4now
Add
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, frank4now said:

Love it! Thanks. I know I've heard it before can't place it. Maybe a high school group too. Maybe a movie. DCX says Cavaliers 2018. Have to check that next.

EDIT: Checked out Cavies 2018. I do remember that piece. That was an interesting show. I think I only saw that once that year. Enjoyed rewatching

I learned something today, thank you. Was actually referring to SCV 03 with opener and closer in Orawa. 😉 

• Like 4

Bloo introduced me to Vienna Teng, Andy Akhido, Tyondai Braxton, The Books, Bang on a Can All Stars (Michael Gordon's Gene Takes a Drink from 2015), and Anna Meredith.  I knew of Bon Iver but Bloo showed me how incredible his music could be.  I would throw money at a "Bloo plays the Bon Iver songbook" collection.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I learned something today, thank you. Was actually referring to SCV 03 with opener and closer in Orawa. 😉 

Ahhh, that's who I remember now.  Great drill also.

• Like 1

Back in the 80s as a kid, BD introduced me to Chick Corea. 

• Like 6

I’ve often said everything I know about classical music I learned from drum corps or Bugs Bunny cartoons. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4