Cadets and bankruptcy

44 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I get that people are mad and upset. But the - she got what she wanted - they got their pound of flesh- stuff is ridiculous. What “she wanted”, I’m pretty sure, was to not be sexually molested. And then have to live with the stigma and victim blaming over the past 40 years and even up to this minute. So, yeah, let this be a warning to all those corps that still exist. DFTK. Perhaps this is the message that’s needed. Have you corps received it loud and clear??

Agreed- even the press release is riddled with gaslighting and victim-blaming.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo.................

Any chance the DCP admins will bring back the thread they removed of my pointing out Cadets were in regulatory violation of state law by failing to register as a charity?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Richard Lesher said:

Any chance the DCP admins will bring back the thread they removed of my pointing out Cadets were in regulatory violation of state law by failing to register as a charity?

Pretty irrelevant now 

• Thanks 5

9 minutes ago, Galen said:

Agreed- even the press release is riddled with gaslighting and victim-blaming.

Agree, that press release was hard to read.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Richard Lesher said:

What would be the point?  In other words, “no.”  Shooting the dead horse is not necessary here. 

11 minutes ago, Richard Lesher said:

One of the most storied corps in the history of our activity died today and this is what you care about?  

Good Lord. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

34 minutes ago, Richard Lesher said:

Really? That’s where you want to go? The corpse is still warm.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Jeffe77 said:

Makes one wonder if there’s a 3rd party funding the suit.

Nah. Her counsel is likely working on contingency.  I was hearing that CAE had offered a settlement some time ago but was rejected: the strong likelihood now is that no one will get bupkus except the lawyers defending CAE and DCI.

• Like 1

RIP Cadets. We will all miss you

• Like 3
  • Sad 1