Cadets and bankruptcy

if it is true, w/r/t if they try to re-emerge as another org wit  ties to the previous org...i was discussing  this with my fellow educators, how does this rumoured threat to litigate against a new organization get around 'res judicata'. Just getting into t he weeds here, i guess thats why i teach instead of practice.

There's no chance anyone would be silly enough to touch anything Cadets related for the foreseeable future. The brand is dead.  Their members have hopefully all found new homes for this season. What was the most likely conclusion 6 years ago when the GH stories started breaking has come to pass, despite the best efforts of the CAE org.

Life goes on.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

I wonder what happens to the trophies they have won over the years...even pre-DCI? Do those have to be sold as part of the ch. 7 bankruptcy?

I have unconfirmed source the trophy’s were given to the DCI museum. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Tuma said:

Didn’t he have some sort of golden parachute he hand wrote which was written into his contract that the BoD rubber stamped? I recollect maybe reading that on here.

I’m not sure but that sounds about right.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m not sure but that sounds about right.  

Yes it's says historical items will be given to Marching Pageantry Arts Museum with approval of the bankruptcy trustee. I guess he/she has to determine if they have any value.  

19 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Yes it's says historical items will be given to Marching Pageantry Arts Museum with approval of the bankruptcy trustee. I guess he/she has to determine if they have any value.  

I was wondering about the settlement GH got from the Cadets.   I hope the history finds a good home. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slingerland said:

There's no chance anyone would be silly enough to touch anything Cadets related for the foreseeable future. The brand is dead.  Their members have hopefully all found new homes for this season. What was the most likely conclusion 6 years ago when the GH stories started breaking has come to pass, despite the best efforts of the CAE org.

Life goes on.

I think the best chance is for key designers/instructors to move as a group to an already established Corps.   And for a lower-placing Corps w/ some $, this may be a way to get a score boost.  

SCV is sort of doing this currently- not a whole lot of vets, but a first rate instruction & design staff.  We’ll see how it works. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

I have unconfirmed source the trophy’s were given to the DCI museum. 

DCI has a museum?  Huh.