DCI & Walmart Health Collaboration

11 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

[reads list]
[realizes each and every one of those probably happens to every corps, every year, every tour...to multiple marching members]

I got quite a few sinus infections and that would have come in handy for me but different times… 

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I got quite a few sinus infections and that would have come in handy for me but different times… 

Yes.   This partnership seems to fill at least part of the gap between Corps medical staff, who primarily deal with orthopedic injuries, and obvious ‘go to hospital now’ situations.   Also, idk how hard it is for Corps medical staff to write a prescription for antibiotics to treat sinus infection when Corps is on the road.  Can someone licensed in California write a prescription in Allentown?

4 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Yes.   This partnership seems to fill at least part of the gap between Corps medical staff, who primarily deal with orthopedic injuries, and obvious ‘go to hospital now’ situations.   Also, idk how hard it is for Corps medical staff to write a prescription for antibiotics to treat sinus infection when Corps is on the road.  Can someone licensed in California write a prescription in Allentown?

The BAC corps doctor seems to be able to write scripts wherever they travel, but I have no idea how that all works. She is with them from the beginning of spring training til finals, but I think she gets a week off at some point, just like the rest of the staff.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Like I said in an earlier post, reliance vs opportunity. This provides the opportunity to subsidize current in place practices and medical staff. 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2024 at 8:20 AM, JohnZ said:

these are licensed independent practitioners contracted to provide services under the collective Walmart Health banner, no different than any other retail health clinics like CVS, RiteAid, etc. or  even traditional health systems operating off-campus clinics.  Given ready access to telemedicine and on-site facilities given WM's expansive presence nationwide, this is a good arrangement IMO 

And CVS and Rite Aid are closing locations left and right