DCI Annapolis now TBD

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

Ok re stands; point of order that if you are driving I-85 from W-S, in Richmond turn east on I-64 & Williamsburg is about an hour.  Closer than Annapolis.   And if you go another 45 min there is Old Dominion & Christopher Newport.  And in Richmond there is U of Richmond.  Plus some big HS stadiums. 

It wouldn’t bother me to have a show within an hour or two vs 4-5 hrs to Annapolis 

The follow-on of travel is also in play. The next run would be up to Philly and Allentown.

This particular show is when I hosted corps over the years.  I am hopeful  the schools I worked with can still support hosting since I retired (if you can retire as a volunteer) right before COVID.

2 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

The follow-on of travel is also in play. The next run would be up to Philly and Allentown.

This particular show is when I hosted corps over the years.  I am hopeful  the schools I worked with can still support hosting since I retired (if you can retire as a volunteer) right before COVID.

The distance between W-S & Allentown is constant.   The question is where & how far off the direct route you veer for a show, Annapolis or otherwise is the question.  

In 1999 DCI show was at Garfield HS in Prince William Co VA - less than mile off I-95.  SCV & Madison were there.  

It would be cool if they could move it to SeaGull Stadiumin Salisbury only a little more than an hour from Annapolis and easy access to Philly from there.  I am not sure if the stadium is big enough as it was designed primarily for lacrosse   I donated a lot of money (for me ) to building this, so I have to promote it every chance I get.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, totaleefree said:

It would be cool if they could move it to SeaGull Stadiumin Salisbury only a little more than an hour from Annapolis and easy access to Philly from there.  I am not sure if the stadium is big enough as it was designed primarily for lacrosse   I donated a lot of money (for me ) to building this, so I have to promote it every chance I get.

Looks nice but on DelMarVa peninsula; if W&M is too out of the way this is worse 

• Like 1

The DCI show and a practice day are still listed on the stadium schedule.  I hope that is is something legit happening there that day  and not changed for something that DCI had any control over.

• 28th (Sunday) – Farragut Farmers Market (9 AM – 1 PM) • 29th (Monday) – DCI Band Practice Day (All Day) • 30th (Tuesday) – DCI Band Competition (All Day) August 2024 • 2nd (Friday) – Annapolis Rotary Crab Feast (5 PM – 8 PM) • 4 th (Sunday) – Farragut Farmers Market (9 AM – 1 PM)

12 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Looks nice but on DelMarVa peninsula; if W&M is too out of the way this is worse 

One main route (Rt 50) thru the whole peninsula. Never been thru there on a summer travel day (thank goodness). Brother in laws family lived near there (Easton) for couple of years. No idea of available housing or practice facilities.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

There are a few stadiums as possibilities.  University of MD has a turf field and hosted finals in 2000 may be an option.  Towson University is also a turf field in Baltimore.

Both NFL stadiums nearby are grass and I doubt DCI would go there.

U of MD and Towson have also hosted US Bands regionals (the two US Bands shows I've announced, in fact), so they are familiar with hosting marching arts shows and could handle a DCI show.

5 hours ago, leed17 said:

That week is getting tough for us in the Northeast.  The show in Glassboro at Rowan Univ was also refunded due to emergency field turf replacement. I was refunded this week for that.  Two shows in the same week, days apart, now looking for a new home.  

It’s too bad about Glassboro. Traffic getting to the stadium was a bit tough due to rush hour and red lights, but the ample parking was great and it was a great facility. 

Boo.  I loved going to that stadium.  Although if they tap College Park, its even closer for me.