Uniform Changes

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Blue Devils new unis in Rockford. ZZZZZzzzzz.....

I did as well. I liked them better than in the past, however...

My all time worst uni change was Blue Devils in 1994. I almost cry every time I watch 93 (or any other year) and wish I could have seen them live...

<**>

I'd have to say that Madison's new uniforms are pretty bad.  Sorry but I just can't get used to them.

Agreed. They are not bad uniforms, they just are not Madison.

My nomination for worst ever uniform redesign has to go to the 1985 Freelancers. Thankfully we returned to our senses in 87. We even wore spats. Now THAT is hardcorps!!

I like the new Madison uni's but miss the old ones. Maybe they can switch back and forth?? :) Wishfull thinking. I missed the pre-94 BD uni's at first too, untill I saw the new ones up close in Madison at Preview in 94.

• 1 month later...
I see that someone already mentioned it. But tonight I watched 1988 for the first time and it was a good thing I was not taking a drink when Spirit came on. I would have been wiping down the screen!

:o

Yeah...and to have spent good money to go back to Kansas City that year and have to sit through Spirit's snoozefest of a show that season was also a joy, let me tell you.

PETRUSHKA!?!?!?! Yikes...I don't know if I hate that show more than Spirit's 85 show or not...but two CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPY program designs...

I'll toss in Phantom's decision to leave the all-white unis altogether.

The black unis were only an enhancement to the '96 show...and, had they never changed from all-white, I don't think people now would be saying, "Gee, that show might've looked better in all-black."

The change to khaki was even worse...didn't really seem like Phantom at all. I was so thrilled to find out that they went back to all-white last year.

Also...

Madison's new uniform isn't too great either compared to 1988-2002....

I'm surprised that no one's mentioned their change from the '82 uniform to the green pants and white tops of '83-'84. Also, not a very great look for them.

Pre-'83 and '88-'02...definitely the best for Madison.

1982 Les Chatelaines....unis designed to make the girls look like living fluer de lis'