DCA Stories Pre 1990

Gee, and to think Sun had the "Goodie Two Shoes" reputation back then  :P

Well compared to the reputation of that other corps from the NYC area anyway.

No,it was "kiddie corps"..back then!....(some of the "kiddies" had Harley's)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No,it was "kiddie corps"..back then!....(some of the "kiddies" had Harley's)

After the 77 DCA, Sky and Sun did not get along all that well until a hot Sunday afternoon in Booton, NJ in "81". There was no retreat that day so corps started to party after their performance. While Sky was on the field, someone from Sun yelled something not to complementary from the stands. Of course Sky took offence to this and after the show, some words, hands and beer bottles were exchanged.

It was all over in about five minutes.

I think all the other corps left ASAP so they would not "get involved". That left just Sky and Sun in the parking lot.

Well, both corps moved over to the bar across the street and had one of the most knock down drag them out parties I have ever been to. That built a friendship between the two corps that I think still exists today.

After the 77 DCA, Sky and Sun did not get along all that well until a hot Sunday afternoon in Booton, NJ in "81". There was no retreat that day so corps started to party after their performance. While Sky was on the field, someone from Sun yelled something not to complementary from the stands. Of course Sky took offence to this and after the show, some words, hands and beer bottles were exchanged.

It was all over in about five minutes.

I think all the other corps left ASAP so they would not "get involved". That left just Sky and Sun in the parking lot.

Well, both corps moved over to the bar across the street and had one of the most knock down drag them out parties I have ever been to. That built a friendship between the two corps that I think still exists today.

Thanks Mike,I was trying to forget that hangover,by the end of the night,we were to drunk to fight OR care what started it.

It was one of the best "bar" nights that I can remember with another corps,and we were pretty good at that "bar" thing on our own!

Tony B)

correction: it was Bloomfield NJ not Booton

Thanks,Mike :wub:

But for me,(being from L.I.),Bloomfield?.....Booton?........it was in New Jersey right(what exit)

Back then,we,Donna and I,either drove the truck or followed it......so you KNOW we were lost most of the time.

Thanks for the correction,

Tony B)

• 1 month later...

Yep..now I remember..it was..and Bush did accelrate "just a little" during the opener!

Wow 16 years ago..... Your Old!! not me! lol

Get Sean and Jim and my Dad on here to tell some OLD war stories!! YIKES

Vic, arent you older then me? :P

Dugan tells the stroy correctly. I was chief judge that night. Couldn't believe two or three quads fell down. I thought at first Bush was fighting among themselves.

But they came off and had a smoking show.

Dick Pronti

• 1 month later...

bump

Edited by flaggirl86

Hello! I was one of those 128 singing happy birthday MONOTONE. I still do it to this day!

BTW, happy birthday!

....sure it wasn't '78?

• 1 month later...
I have no old DCA war stories. One day I will, but not yet.

Post 'em here, old timers!!

Here is one.. After climbing the ladder via the Eastern Mass Circuit.. with no success.. I joined a corps on the DCI circuit. I must say.. placing 9th place in the world with thousands (I write THOUSANDS) of competitive corps is pretty good. And.. I went on to DCA...

To me? Marching in DCA was a whole different animal.

I (as a particpant) wasn't lucky enough to be talented "enough".

I'd like to witness what wins.

Sharon