DCI future locations?

The only stadium that can hold a finals crowd is The Coliseum; and that is a fantastic site!  27,000+ seats concert side; next door to all of the Nashville nightlife; and a hotbed of interest.  (Look at the crowd at the 'Boro two weeks ago...)

Nashville would be a pretty good location. It could work as a "southern" site without having to go down to Orlando.

Word is that the city of Indy is lobbying to get Finals once the new HoosierBarn (unofficial name) is completed. Maybe they could move DCI Midwest to Bloomington if they did that B)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BLAH DOMES!! 

The day they move Finals week to a dome is the day DCI dies!!!!

DOWN WITH DOMES!!!

I guess by that reasoning, DCI "died" in 1981, only to be resurrected, and killed off again the next year :P

Anyone ready to see The Kingsmen????

:blush::blush:

You know, I say they just hold finals in Death Valley. Like...right in the valley.

Then complain about the heat. :P

I can answer the Spirit question, I think, once the season gets started it doesn't matter which part of continent your corps comes from because once tour starts you won't see your home town or state anymore then a northern corps. Ask most of the marching members what there corps home town looks like.....I bet they have no idea. ............

and I would actually fly out to DCI's in Calfifornia if I heard the red sneakers were making an appearance.

Well, Spirit appears to be an anomoly.  They have a great arrangement going with JSU. 

I didn't say that the heat was the only reason, just part of the reason.  I also think that a lot of kids want to go elsewhere to march with a top-notch corps (not saying that Spirit isn't, but it's the only Southern option).  It's hard to start a new corps anywhere, let alone in Texas or anywhere else in the South.  The costs are astronomical, and most (most, not all) kids aren't going to want to spend their whole career with a start-up corps.

I think Southern California would be an awesome stop weather-wise for Championship Week.  I love coming there every Spring.

I hate to differ with you, however, Carolina Crown is a "decent"southern option.

Tony

And we were treated to Suncoast for a while.

2008- mexico city