Re: New "intro" for the dcacorps.org web page...

bawker

I don't want to sound like a pain but....I don't think I'm the only person out there that has flash turned off. At the moment there's no way to access the main page if you have flash off. A link at the bottom of the page is all that's needed. I have flash off for security reasons and as more spyware starts to use flash I'm sure more people will disable it in the future.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, whatever. 

The intro is cool, and "Drum Corps for the People" is a Genius marketing slogan, IMO.

"Drum Corps for the People" is definitely an intelligent idea and I hope that DCA runs with it. I noticed that on the website they said that the traditional DCA logo will be getting an overhaul as well. Maybe the "Drum Corps for the People" concept will be part of it.

Senior corps... All-Age Corps, however DCA has marketed, I think someone stumbled on something good with the "Drum Corps for the People" idea. I'm just not a big fan of flash intros (but there is a "skip intro" button, so I just use that)

Man.... the missus and I HAVE to get off this dial-up "slow download world" sometime soon. DSL not yet available where we live (hopefully soon) .... cable too expensive right now. Yikes.

Fran

look...i've said it a zillion times.

slow steps can be the best steps. rushing to go all out because you feel you have to go all out=a disaster waiting to happen.

DCA may be moving too slowly for some...i'd say caution is better than chaos.

look...i've said it a zillion times.

slow steps can be the best steps. rushing to go all out because you feel you have to go all out=a disaster waiting to happen.

DCA may be moving too slowly for some...i'd say caution is better than chaos.

Slow and easy wins the race. Just ask the tortoise.

Like the new intro to DCA site..... Give me a break... This is Drum and Bugle Corps......

If you want see and hear a Drum and Bugle Corps site intro try this site ........... www.ctalumni.org

It would be nice to see Lothar's, Sidemouth's or Jumping Joe's (etc.) picture flashed up, among many other great drum and bugle corps pictures....

Thanks, just my thoughts

Pete

"Drum Corps for the People" is definitely an intelligent idea and I hope that DCA runs with it.  I noticed that on the website they said that the traditional DCA logo will be getting an overhaul as well.  Maybe the "Drum Corps for the People" concept will be part of it.

Senior corps... All-Age Corps, however DCA has marketed, I think someone stumbled on something good with the "Drum Corps for the People" idea.  I'm just not a big fan of flash intros (but there is a "skip intro" button, so I just use that)

Like the "DC for the People" slogan too, even if I keep having 60s flashbacks and want to add "Right On" and give the power salute when I read it. ^0^

I am not a caveman, I'm a dinosaur (and have the t-shirt to prove it)...

Well, as a professional web designer I'd like to add my 2 cents. Take them for what they are worth.

The Flash intro is well designed, but the music is a total misfit. It reminds me of the music DCI used for their ESPN2 promo. Drum Corps music would be a much better fit. The asthetic of the Flash intro doesn't match with the aesthetic of the rest of site. The main site looks archaic in comparison to the intro.

I personally don't recommomend Flash intros for websites. They are slow loading (especially for dial-up users), require a plug-in for those with older browsers, are unreadable by search engine spiders resulting in low page ranking for the site, and like someone else said, are cool the first time you see them, but annoying everytime after that. For more info read this: http://www.cybervisionweb.com/Flash%20Article.html

Edited by sunbari1