Myths of Drum Corps debunked!

geluf

I'm not Senior anymore - I'm Alumni so pass that over :blink: :P

Was going to use the old "Seniors reliving thier youth" bit but Mr Acheson retracted that a few months after he said it.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Along the lines of drum corps myths, the following myths are impressions I got of some corps before I started marching in the early 1990's. I got the impressions based on what other various drum corps people told me (probably based on their personal bias), not from my personal experience, and I certianly don't hold these impressions today! If any of these offend anyone, I'm sorry.

Phantom Regiment people are stuck up snobs.

Blue Devils do alot of drugs.

Santa Clara Vanguard people are very cool and classy.

Madison Scouts are all gay.

Star of Indiana people are VERY well taken care of financially.

Crossmen are a bunch of thuggs from Philly, don't mess with them.

L'Insolite people pretend not to know English so they don't have to bother talking to you.

Cavaliers are all gay.

Crusaders are a bunch of thuggs from Boston, stay out of their way and don't look them in the eye.

Once again, I do not hold these beliefs now! These are just the impressions that I got from other people talking about the corps, before I got into the activity full time.

But.....wasn't that how Bucs got the empty beer kegs for their drum feature back in the 80s?  or was that Bush???

That was the Bucs! I don't know where they got the kegs, but they played on them for the solo.

If memory serves, the seniors never had a monopoly on having a cold one after the show. Many thanks to alumni, friends and 21 year old members during the hot days of tour..... :blink::music::huh:

Myths: More like pre cell phone rumors, but I always liked "hey the Blue Devils got (enter extremely hi or low number) in such and such a caption last night" or "Suncoast Sound beat Vanguard in Drums etc etc" type rumors. The good ones were always believable and never too outragious.

Ohh...can't forget "Star members are tired of eating Steak, if you take them a peanut butter and jelly sandwich they will trade you."

• 5 months later...
Crusaders are a bunch of thuggs from Boston, stay out of their way and don't look them in the eye.

I bet more than half of Boston is comprised of people from Florida...

...Anyone know what the ratio is?