Troopers not Fielding a corps for 2006

Yeah i don't believe Crossmen ever folded - But Bluecoats have folded twice and look where they are today. It can be done and if anyone can come back stronger i'm sure the Troopers will find a way.

Good Luck and Best of Luck on your return to the Field in 2007

Southwind was inactive from 1983 through 1988 and came back. They also took 1998 off to regroup under the Madison umbrella. It can (and will) be accomplished by the Troopers, too!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Glassmen have taken a year off or two and they've turned out nicely.

Nothing saddens me more than to hear this news! A few years ago I saw the Troopers in Buffalo and liked what I saw and heard. It has been almost 20 years since Troopers were in the top 12. This once mighty corps that set the standard for a touring corps is now going inactive. Jim Jones has got to be shaking his fist in heaven with Gayle Royer shaking his head.

I pray that the management works out all the problems and builds this corps back to a Division I, top 12 drum corps again. To lose the Troopers permanently would be like the Rapture....the end is near. I am sure that many of you might think that last statement somewhat dramatic but let's face the facts....the activity, although DCI is on ESPN, is falling further into the black hole. To see the Troopers at the bottom of Division I year after year with Kiwanis, Pioneer, etc is very sad. I am not putting down any drum corps it is just that for many of us who have been around this activity for a long time...the Troopers have always been in our own top 12.

I encourage ALL young people who live near Wyoming to go to their camps and become a member when the Troopers start up next year and make the Casper, Wyoming Troopers America's Corps again!!!! Many of us have seen corps go away....Commodores, Bridgemen, Freelancers, Velvet Knights, Belleville Black Knights, Purple Lancers, Royal Crusaders, Seneca Optimists, Oakland Crusaders (Delasalle), 27th Lancers, Muchachos, Suncoast Sound, Guardsmen, Kilties (Jr), Anaheim Kingsmen, North Star, Des Plaines Vanguard, Argonne Rebels, Star of Indiana, SkyRyders, etc.

Bring Back the TROOPERS!!!!! 2007

Will they have to come back in D2? That would surely increase the crowds at the D2/D3 shows!

This is definitely a huge blow to the Drum Corps community. Even though I haven't been around long enough to know the Troopers of old, I can still appreciate what the corps does for this activity, staying true to their roots along the way.

This has me wondering, though... remember when Magic took a little time off and came back as a Division 2 corps? Will the Troop be required to re-enter in Division 2 competition, or will they be entitled to compete as a Division 1 corps?

My heart is with everyone involved in the Troopers organization. Everyone's rooting for you guys! Here's to a great recovery and a triumphant return for the 2007 season!

Will they have to come back in D2? That would surely increase the crowds at the D2/D3 shows!

That will most likely be determined by DCI when the time comes, depending on how well they get their house in order over the next year.

Oh, man.

:(

I can only imagine what the Troopers organization is feeling.

Please know you're in my thoughts.

Come back...please come back!

Like the vast majority of drum corps fans who remember the Troop during some of their glory years, this news is a seriously hard gut punch. They were one of the first corps I remember seeing live and have always loved their style and tradition...

So, as my way of keeping the Troopers alive, I'm changing my avatar...

While they might not be on the field this next season, they won't be out of our thoughts...

KEEP THE TROOP ALIVE!!!

Post edited to remove attacking material-JAS

Edited by Tank

This sucks...but other corps have taken a year off to take a breather, and it's worked. Crossmen, Freelancers, Sky Ryders, to name a few...

Neither the Crossmen nor Sky Ryders have ever returned after a year off from field competition. Not to invalidate your point, though, as after all, look how many of the current roster of active division I corps have:

Cadets

Phantom Regiment

Bluecoats

Blue Knights

Glassmen

Spirit

Southwind

Mandarins

Seattle Cascades

Magic

Pioneer

Roughly half of our active division I corps, including six of the 12 current finalists, have missed a season or more and returned.