So what ever happened to that amp petition?

So, let's see...what exactly are we trying to prove here?

That someone "won"? Someone "lost"?

That we can further divide people on the issue? That doesn't prove much that we didn't already know about the issue.

Unless our original poster has a fondness for Starbucks, and works in Allentown...you didn't "win" anything.

You simply get to make the same choices that other consumers have in regards to a change in a medium.... the market will bear what the market will bear.

Move beyond this thinly veiled trolling, and go...or don't go to shows.

Debate the issue thoughtfully, and see other people respond in kind.

Don't fault others for feeling differently, though...there's not a right answer here, no matter how much any of us want one.

We're better than this kind of baiting here.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, let's see...what exactly are we trying to prove here?

That someone "won"? Someone "lost"?

That we can further divide people on the issue? That doesn't prove much that we didn't already know about the issue.

Unless our original poster has a fondness for Starbucks, and works in Allentown...you didn't "win" anything.

You simply get to make the same choices that other consumers have in regards to a change in a medium.... the market will bear what the market will bear.

Move beyond this thinly veiled trolling, and go...or don't go to shows.

Debate the issue thoughtfully, and see other people respond in kind.

Don't fault others for feeling differently, though...there's not a right answer here, no matter how much any of us want one.

We're better than this kind of baiting here.

Maybe if you read ALL the posts you could see there was "civil" discussion regarding the topic I started. So please, don't classify the topic as trolling. The topic was debated with several thoughfull responses. & some from some others that added nothing at all(but they are DCP regulars so of course there is nothing wrong with their posts).

and we were respectful. when the 2nd petition came out, several people decided to treat it like a joke and posted all kinds of obscene stuff to it.

this thread reminds me of how disrespectful we were treated by pro ampers, yet 99% of anti ampers, while passionate rose above taunting and mocking.

nice to see the anti ampers are still respectful. not nice to see we're still mocked.

Ok, keep beleiveing your own jargon.

I know of a bridge for sale. Interested?

Stream,

First, you are a troll.

And second, the only reason you started this thread is to "rub salt in the wounds" of anti-amp people. Go back to RAMD.

I have chosen to ignore you, so I won't see your response.

:wall: :(

Wrong about troll.

2nd as I said before (if you read the posts with an open mind instead of reading what you think the posts read) I wanted to know what happened. I don't post/live here like some people.

That anti amp petition really was time well spent.

Really paid off, huh :P :wall::wall::worthy:

Looks like mocking and baiting to me. Perhaps it lead to some civil discussion, but I took the "tone" with the laughing "smilies" as mockery.

I guess we're supposed to just let DCI railroad unpopular rule changes through. Sounds like a "lay back and enjoy it" mindset to me.

G might have been right with his Borg comment. I see from your avatar that you're a Cadets fan. Seems a lot of Cadets fans lined up behind the rule change. So, where will you be when woodwinds are voted on? Because it's inevitable that they'll be proposed.

Garry

PS Cardman? Had this been posted on RAMD, the responses wouldn't have been as civilized.

Edited by CrunchyTenor

Alright I'll erase my previous comments as you do have a valid question. If I remember right the petition was presented to DCI at a meeting by two people. Want to think byline or another female DCP member and ???? (totally forget who). The people presenting the petetion were treated in a curtious manner and that was about all the happened. If nothing else DCI was made aware that a bunch of people were not happy with the amps ruling. Perhaps more people than DCI was aware of.

pssst...it was Lancerlady, she of the brand new baby.

As for how many were not happy...it might also be 'Perhaps fewer people than DCI was aware of'. Who knows?

Looks like mocking and baiting to me. Perhaps it lead to some civil discussion, but I took the "tone" with the laughing "smilies" as mockery.

I guess we're supposed to just let DCI railroad unpopular rule changes through. Sounds like a "lay back and enjoy it" mindset to me.

G might have been right with his Borg comment. I see from your avatar that you're a Cadets fan. Seems a lot of Cadets fans lined up behind the rule change. So, where will you be when woodwinds are voted on? Because it's inevitable that they'll be proposed.

Garry

PS Cardman? Had this been posted on RAMD, the responses wouldn't have been as civilized.

Not meant as mockery at all as you can see by the discussion.

You people crack me up with your Borg comments. Makes for some good laughs.

As for my avatar, well lets just say more than a fan B)

As for woodwinds, it will be what it is. Face it, the day of the 70's, 80's & even 90's drum corps is over. So rather than complain about the present (which will really get you no where) either deal with changes or just find another hobby.

pssst...it was Lancerlady, she of the brand new baby.

As for how many were not happy...it might also be 'Perhaps fewer people than DCI was aware of'. Who knows?

For some reason I always get LancerLady and byline confused. No idea why. Must be because Revere and Toronto(?) are close :P

One thing I would like to know (but it would be next to impossible to find out) is this:

What percent of pro/anti/don't care about amp people are long term fans of Drum Corps.

What percentage of pro/anti/don't care about amp people are following corps because they know someone in the corps. And after the family member or whoever is gone, they are gone also. (Talk about a moving target.)

Wondering because I have the feeling the people following family members don't care what DCI does on the field.

Where am I mocking him?

Read the posts please.

um how about the bad memories line and all of the others?

you didnt start this thread for serious discussion. you started this thread to start ####. you havent made a serious post on this topic ever, you just post to fan the flames and #### people off.