So what ever happened to that amp petition?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Of course not.

Its just not good business or political sense to recognize or respond to a group that is campaigning against something you implemented if you're trying to be a bit discret about it.. Giving a formal response brings more attention to the issue. DCI just wanted to bring it in sort of under the radar.

Thats my point then. Then what was the purpose if no response was expected & knowing full well, the petition would mean nothing? When you & others say "my voice was heard". Well then, WHo heard it? Other petitioners?

Never said it was bad. But who actally heard them? Was there ever a formal reply from DCI, a Corps director, somebody with some influence? etc?

Alright I'll erase my previous comments as you do have a valid question. If I remember right the petition was presented to DCI at a meeting by two people. Want to think byline or another female DCP member and ???? (totally forget who). The people presenting the petetion were treated in a curtious manner and that was about all the happened. If nothing else DCI was made aware that a bunch of people were not happy with the amps ruling. Perhaps more people than DCI was aware of.

Alright I'll erase my previous comments as you do have a valid question. If I remember right the petition was presented to DCI at a meeting by two people. Want to think byline or another female DCP member and ???? (totally forget who). The people presenting the petetion were treated in a curtious manner and that was about all the happened. If nothing else DCI was made aware that a bunch of people were not happy with the amps ruling. Perhaps more people than DCI was aware of.

The other was Stephanie, LancerLady

Thats my point then. Then what was the purpose if no response was expected & knowing full well, the petition would mean nothing? When you & others say "my voice was heard". Well then, WHo heard it? Other petitioners?

People at shows who didn't know about amps being added, for one.

The whole point was to let people know that this was happening and make a fuss over it.

DCI didn't want to draw much attention to the issue because they figured it would be detrimental to the cause.

Thus...if you're on the other team, you should want to draw as much attention as humanly possible to the issue.

Edited by geluf

Can someone provide a link to it.

Thanks for the info. B)

That anti amp petition really was time well spent.

Really paid off, huh :P :laugh::huh::tic:

It worked fine the first year we did it, so yes- it was time well spent.

Thanks for making a positive contribution to DCP.

And for those who are interested, sorry, but I will not post a link to the petition.