So what ever happened to that amp petition?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I could tell they died by their score :wall:

That is the point right there - if any unit bases their show on amps, props, whatever gimic, and the gimic dosen't work then the score should reflect it. The judging system should reflect what is presented at the performance, not the intent of how it could be if all the gimics worked.

This is not a new issue - I will get slammed here, but in 1991 Star's final's performance was weak (Rondo even said so on the telecast). Cavvies were on fire, so was SCV.

There is some good discussion here, but some of the comments you have directed toward the anti amp people are disrespectful of their opinions.

And you got some back so... eh.... nothing new under the sun on this topic.....

No disrespect meant. I asked the status as I don't spend every waking moment here so I never knew what happened. Someone (I think you or geluf) gave an update. Cool.

Apparently, BOTH sides will never see the flip side. What I do find funny though, is the anti amp "Borg" :P seem to take it WAAAAYYYYY too personal.

I am a big boy, I can take negative feedback. And you are right, nothing new from this place. B)

On the internet people could indeed sign more than once from different IP addresses. And...paper-wise they could as well if they wanted to.

However, my response to Jim made no value judgements on any side of anything...it was a generic 'who knows' comment..and I even said 'who knows' in the post...hence your reply is totally invalid as it relates to my post to Jim.

Oh, oh... Mike and I might actually agree on something. :wall: IOW, there are too many unknowns and what ifs to really draw firm conclusions on what the fans really think.

And $1 to Bill Clinton, it also depends on what you mean by fans and "use of amps".

What year were the paper and on-line petitions drawn up? I remember a bunch of people would not sign until they saw amps being used as they wanted to keep an open mind.

What year were the paper and on-line petitions drawn up? I remember a bunch of people would not sign until they saw amps being used as they wanted to keep an open mind.

They circulated one in 2004...web and paper...that is the one that was presented to the BOD by Lancerlady. That was the year of Crown's and BAC's shows using micced vocals...many used amps for their pits.

Where am I mocking him?

Read the posts please.

Where are you mocking? Let us count the ways...

That anti amp petition really was time well spent.

Really paid off, huh tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Yeah they were heard alright huh.gif , well they are hearing voices now. Amped voices w00t.gif
Ok, don't want to bring back bad memories cool.gif
I know of a bridge for sale. Interested?

If you don't believe all of those comments are mocking and snarky, then you are as obtuse as you are obnoxious.

As someone who just stumbled to the thread, I can tell you that the first impression I get is that you are someone who is quite happy that electronics are in, and you are rubbing it in the faces of those who worked hard on the petition.

If it wasn't for the halfway decent use of spelling and syntax I'd say you were George Hopkins using a second screen name.

Where are you mocking? Let us count the ways...

If you don't believe all of those comments are mocking and snarky, then you are as obtuse as you are obnoxious.

As someone who just stumbled to the thread, I can tell you that the first impression I get is that you are someone who is quite happy that electronics are in, and you are rubbing it in the faces of those who worked hard on the petition.

If it wasn't for the halfway decent use of spelling and syntax I'd say you were George Hopkins using a second screen name.

haha. pretty funny.

Snarky, have not heard that in a while. :P

As for electronics, I can give or take on them. I at least don't let the use ruin my life.

Thanks for the grammar grade, I will take that as a compliment. b**bs

Edited by Stream of Consciousness