Madison's Color Guard

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

marching high school band is alittle dfferent than the best drum corps in the world competeing in DCI. Untill you have marched in a drum corps do not degade or critique out of yor league

RF

I never quite understand these kinds of arguments. :ph34r:

Mike

I never quite understand these kinds of arguments. :ph34r:

Mike

me either.

if that was directed twords Chicagofan, you're talking to someone who DID march in one of the best drum corps in the world.

~>conner

Edited by PhantomR

marching high school band is alittle dfferent than the best drum corps in the world competeing in DCI. Untill you have marched in a drum corps do not degade or critique out of yor league

RF

:ph34r::huh:

A bit of work with grammar and spelling wouldn't hurt either. B)

Edited by Roark1

I just read the whole thread...and in the context of the whole thing, I think that was probably directed at comments made by Conner...

RF

I've never played in the NFL but I can tell the difference between a complete pass and an interception.

Your marching credentials aren't very visible if they exist, so I guess you can't make any comments either.

Your marching credentials aren't very visible if they exist, so I guess you can't make any comments either.

How come so many people don't list those? It makes is hard to get a frame of reference on where people are coming from, i.e. fan, FMM, current MM, parent, staff, etc.

Well, according to DCP ranking, Scouts' guard (ranked 15th) is marginally better than Blue Stars. Of course, they are also being beaten by Pacific Crest and I think the Madarins. To add insult to injury, Crossmen, nor Cascades have come out. So, it is entirely possible that the Scouts guard could be ranked 17th or 18th come Sunday.

But there is a bright spot on the horizon...there are fewer Div I corps this year, so, there are fewer color guards that could beat them.

Just trying to make lemonade from lemons....

Elmo Blatch

RF

That is ridiculous IMO.

Seriously though,

June is the worst time to compare guard scores - it really is the the greyest area for any corps. Some guards come out ready and clean but with really easy shows. Some guards don't have complete work in, while others might have had work, but drill changes mean having to learn new work. Holes in the guard might also mean any ripple or alternate work is muddy or unclear from up top. Then there's the whole area of flags and costumes (who has them, who doesn't).

To me, June guard scores (although great to look at) don't really tell me who the best guards are just yet. There are too many variables at this point.

By mid-July is usually where we see a more definitive comparision and ranking between guards.

And - yes, I've marched in drum corps, in a top D1, and have also taught in D3, D2, and D1 - not to mention WGI :ph34r:

Later,

Mike