Clip of the talking feature of the Cadets show

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man and here we were told the pits were amped to make em more audible. oops

Are you seriously attempting to use that amateur video as some sort of evidence about general pit sound quality and balance?

I am currently on tour with the Cadets and have had the great, great, pleasure to see them live MANY times over the past few weeks, and so far, I have absolutely NOTHING to complain about. Its obvious that the Cadets aren't going to change their ways, I don't want them to. These kids have ridiculous talent and deserve the utmost respect. Like them or hate them, the drums can sure as #### play, the horns can not only play, but they are LOUD, and the guard is excellent and working towards another title as usual. This show has the most potential out of any show this year. GE Music is already in the bag. If you can't beat them, cause you won't, at least just get over it. Listen to the hornline play. Listen to the drumline. Watch the guard. Ignore the amped stuff. Repeat.

Go Cadets! and their crazy props!!! (yes, there are more to come, as well as a surprise altogether at the end of the season)

OK, so I don't enjoy the speaking part, but I had no problem enjoying the percussion stuff. I was easily able to tune out the speak.

So why can't everyone else? You complain about it all the time, and you give certain people the attention they are craving. Just let it go folks.

You know what I'm getting sick of? People getting ###### off because I don't like the Cadets show. See, right there, after stating that, 95% of DCP is going to say I'm a Cadet's basher and tell me to get over it. What the #### is wrong with you people? No where in any rule book does it say I have to enjoy every show put on the field. Also no where does it say I should just say, "Well, they're gonna keep doing it... oh well." I mean, what kind of pissy attitude is that? Oh, and I shudder to think that being a person that dislikes narration is a minority. I've said it once I'll say it again: Narration sounds BAD. It's a really simple concept.

So you know what? Sod off. You can love the Cadets show all you want. I don't. Quite frankly, I hate it. So you can take your "fed up" and your "you're just a troll" and shove it. I don't really give a flying rip if you're sick of hearing bad things about the Cadets show. That should be a clue: some of us don't like what they are doing. Again, you would have everyone just enjoy WHATEVER is put on the field. I mean, good thing the film industry isn't that way... to think I should sit back and enjoy a movie like... Resident Evil. *shudder* Same concept - I don't like the movie, I don't like the Cadets show. Why should I just "accept" either?

I'm sick and tired of all this bashing going on against people that don't like the Cadets show. <**>

From my point of view, I do not think you are a basher for not liking the show, that is fine. I for one love the show this year and that is my opinion.

What I am getting tired of and getting ticked off about, is the same post over and over about hating the Cadets show. That is the major problem and each post seems to be a lot of the same people saying it.

I am not aiming this at you, I just choose to use your post as a reference. When someone gets on here with post after post about hating the show, then that becomes bashing. (I am not saying you are doing this)

This goes out to all of the haters on here, if you do not like the show, fine, post that you do not like the show, but please keep it to a minimum, one or two post is ok, more then that are you are just out to tick people off.

I am not aiming this at you, I just choose to use your post as a reference. When someone gets on here with post after post about hating the show, then that becomes bashing. (I am not saying you are doing this)

That's not necessarily true...I said many times that I disliked the 1998 Phantom Regiment show...back in the days of RAMD. I said it quite often...did that make me a basher of my own corps?

I don't think so. I just really disliked their production that year.

What about the opposite? What about someone that gets on here with post after post about how great a show is? What does that become then?

That's not necessarily true...I said many times that I disliked the 1998 Phantom Regiment show...back in the days of RAMD. I said it quite often...did that make me a basher of my own corps?

I don't think so. I just really disliked their production that year.

What about the opposite? What about someone that gets on here with post after post about how great a show is? What does that become then?

For all that I have been called a Cadet Borg....2005 was the first time since 97 that their show was on my own personal favorite list. I have liked other years since then (e.g. 2000), but not as my personal top-4 or 5 in any given year until last year.