What's missing in today's shows?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bridgemen/VK style shows. Sooner or later, someone will have the cahoonas to do a show like those again.

There is a corps that has the cahoonas to be different and they are ridiculed on here daily. I'm not going to mention them and start another war.

If my choices were between every corps playing new music and every corps playing music I recognized immediately, I'd pick new music every time. Heck, drum corps introduced me to much of my favorite music.

If my choices were between every corps playing new music and every corps playing music I recognized immediately, I'd pick new music every time. Heck, drum corps introduced me to much of my favorite music.

That's a great point. For some, Drum Corps introduces new composers to a wide audience. Secondly, one of my favorite things about a corps show is that every 13 minutes or so something different will be happening. A change of style or concept. WE can't expect Drum Corp to stay the same while the world around has changed dramatically.

Drum Corps these days is like a buffet. If you don't like what's next in line there will be something else very soon that you will enjoy.

Here's another vote for recognizable melodic lines...

Typically you can at least count on scv for that, but this year they're playing some of the "choppiest" music I've ever heard. Good drill though...

Hey. Let's talk about Low s'more.

"A New Career In A New Town" is so wonderfully optimistic. If I were a pretentious arranger, I would say that it represents the fresh start that each corps member yearns to make each day, a chance to better oneself and make up for yesterday's shortcomings.

(I want to be a pretentious arranger)

Edited by Studio Tan

What is missing?

Why...clarinets, flutes, and saxes, of course.

:lolhit: