Cadets morale?

OMG, Hrothgar is like what 12 years old? Dude, PLEASE shut your mouth and wait a good, lets say 10 years, before you start talking about design and show construction. Go march some where, teach for a while and then design a little before you trash other corps choices with regard to show cocept. Most of the designers out there are trying to STRETCH and PUSH the envelope of the activity, not stay in some pigeon hole.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very interested into hearing what he has to say about my earlier comment about 1990 Bushwackers, where they spoke into a Bullhorn at certain points of the show.

Just one quick edit, I realize that I myself don't know everything about drum corps nor would I ever profess the knowledge. My point is that looking at history, this isn't the first time vocals have been used in a drum corps show, and at least in one case prior to 2004, there was an "amped" vocal in a show. I wasn't around back in 1990, so I can't say I know what people think of that show, but I have some gut feeling that it wasn't like this.

Edited by CrossmenBaritone

I am very interested into hearing what he has to say about my earlier comment about 1990 Bushwackers, where they spoke into a Bullhorn throughout the show.

Hmm...that's actually pretty interesting. I disapprove of any non-musical additions to the auditory portion of a drum corps show. So I guess where it gets "bad" is when there are English words spoken for an extended period of time. The fact that they are amplified makes it worse, because it is so loud. But I disapprove of any use of electronics in drum corps, even the amping of a pit. I'm all for an all-acoustic, non-electronic performance.

Haha, no one here gets it. It all becomes so clear when you think about. I bet Hrothgar knows exactly what he's doing. :ph34r:

Think about what happens here. Hrothgar makes a ridiculously exagerrated comment about how awful the Cadets show is. The rest of us are taken aback by how outrageous that comment is, and respond. Typically, we answer back with some variation of "dude, it's not that bad" or "really, there's some good stuff in here if you make the effort to look" or "the Cadets designers are some of the best in the business, they know what they're doing". His close-minded comments have been so outrageous, that they've actually caused the rest of us to view the Cadets with a more open mind, just to refute his posts. Personally, I think it's brilliant! George Hopkins should be proud! :lol:

Haha, no one here gets it. It all becomes so clear when you think about. I bet Hrothgar knows exactly what he's doing. :ph34r:

Think about what happens here. Hrothgar makes a ridiculously exagerrated comment about how awful the Cadets show is. The rest of us are taken aback by how outrageous that comment is, and respond. Typically, we answer back with some variation of "dude, it's not that bad" or "really, there's some good stuff in here if you make the effort to look" or "the Cadets designers are some of the best in the business, they know what they're doing". His close-minded comments have been so outrageous, that they've actually caused the rest of us to view the Cadets with a more open mind, just to refute his posts. Personally, I think it's brilliant! George Hopkins should be proud! :lol:

Having read his posts, there is no way he is that clever.

This thread has officially taken on the mantle of "Most RAMD-like Thread of the Summer."

It's beyond dumb. Stop feeding the troll(s). 3 more days, and the junior season is over. Grab a beer (cuz you can). Throw some Jolly Ranchers at other members of the audience in the movies tomorrow. Pay no more attention to any of this. The Cadets survived the '70s, they'll surely survive the horror of a 4th place finish this year. B)

Quick question Hrothgar, where do you see the Color Guard in the whole picture. After all, the words Drum & Bugle Corps say nothing about an Auxillary.

I'm not trying to get into the argument over amps or not, cuz lets not go there...but spoken words have been around in drum corps for a long time, only difference is that now instead of the whole corps having to say something for it to be heard, only 1 individual can.

The Cadets survived the '70s, they'll surely survive the horror of a 4th place finish this year. B)

They're in fifth, until I hear otherwise from Brandt Crocker, and Brandt Crocker alone. :P