Drum Corps Quotes - A little fun

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pinnacle of constructive criticism...

PLAY IT MORE MUSICAL, DA##IT!

Retort...

My name's not Da##it.

Words to live by.

"But, Dad, I'm Jesus Christ!!!"

($1 to Bill Cosby, Himself)

John scruggs, addressing the Madison hornline standing at attention during basics- "You will hate me for the next half hour. You WILL be perfect. I will make sure of it. If you're not perfect... you will put down your ####### horns... and run. I am going to kick. your. ###."

Someone in the back of the block- "Whatever, Scruggs! You're just a big ol' teddy bear!"

Scruggs- "WHO THE #### SAID THAT!!!"

Am I speaking F***ing Chinese - DVD

The Cadets are laughing at you - George Zingali

First camp for Guardsmen 1979 season, so it was actually like November 1978. We had something like 15 guys show up for snare drum. Scrounged up as many

snare drums as we could find, lined up and started some easy excercise, like 8 on a hand or whatever.

It was going pretty good, but suddenly Bill Snyder, who worked the snares at that time, stops the excercise, walks up to one of the guys and says: "You got a

toothpick hanging there outta your mouth, you know...?" The guy says: "yeah." Snyder says: "OK then... good."

Counts off...starts excercise again, and practice carries on.

The guy was called "toothpick" from that day forward.

"Don't be a goof!" - Doug Thrower

"Dress center dress! *pause* Dress center dress! (D'oh!, followed by immense confusion in the block)" - I said that at retreat on my first night at the helm in '02. I think it was Ankeny or something. Yeah, for brainfarts...

"Don't look at the crowd! Think icepicks in the eye!" - Doug Thrower

"dahhh dah dah da dahhhhhhh dah da dah dahhh da" - Dave MacKinnon singing ANY part of the brass book

"Ryan.........Ryan.........Ryan..., etc." - Any particualy day on the vet bus in '02 when I had the mic in-hand (Sorry, Ryan, nothin but love to you bro)

"Good morning Bluecoats!" - David Glasgow's (as DM) wakeup call in 2000-01

"Kill Yourself!" - Mike Scheck's prompt retort

"BANANAS!" - Antman

"ARRRRRRRRRR!" - Antman

"You sank my battleship!" - Fat B. to Dave MacKinnon during horn arc in '00

"FYYFF"

"Cheesecake!" - you either get it or you don't

"Sky Appreciation!"

"I think I just crapped myself!" - Fat B. to the tower during ensemble rehearsal

"####'s Satans rule!" "Six, Six, Six...SIX!" - sops in 2001 (man, that was awesome until we scared people, btw)

It's not a quote, but I would like to submit the sound Mike Scheck's sop made in 2001 when it got run-over by a Madison alum in the parking lot before our show at Normal, IL. There's nothing like the sound a Honda makes when it flattens a Kanstul Soprano Bugle.

more to come...