Stupid Penalties

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are bragging rights in the Renegades! You are going to have to prove it to get the glory.

It was me. During the final note of the show I took such a deep breath it momentarily pulled the frontline in past my feet. After unleashing the final note I believe the front line ended up in the press box. I understand John Donavan is still wiping cheap white field paint off his lap top. I swear it's true B)

Don't think so, pal.

It was me.

We were leaving the field, and my "johnson" flopped out and crossed the boundary line. I know, it wasn't even supposed to be out in the first place, but there you have it.

So, I cost the corps a couple of places..........................but it did get me a couple of dates later that night ^0^

Ok, will that be on rye or what? And if I'm taking orders this soon.... you better email me...

We'll take an order for a good story like the one last year..... :P :P

PS - Does DCA even have AF violations in the book anymore? Used to be a point or two in the 70s when we got hit with one halfway thur the season. Turns out we added CG members and with their expanded drill one, was in front of the Honor Guards plane. May have to PM lobrass7 for details when I get the DVDs

s/ Guy who marched AF for two years in the 80s.

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

We'll take an order for a good story like the one last year..... :P :P

PS - Does DCA even have AF violations in the book anymore? Used to be a point or two in the 70s when we got hit with one halfway thur the season. Turns out we added CG members and with their expanded format one was in front of the Honor Guards plane. May have to PM lobrass7 for details when I get the DVDs

A lot of us (myself included) haven't even seen the rules on stuff like this. In my case, I know flag ettiquette as far as presentation and order from my days in the army, but not the corps-specific stuff like "breaking the plane".

Is it possible for DCA to make this, and other rules avaliable online for everyone to see? I'm sure the corps directors have any rulebooks, but it might not be a bad idea for us (collective "us" and DCA) to take advantage of the topic at hand and educate...

Edited by Kamarag

A lot of us (myself included) haven't even seen the rules on stuff like this. In my case, I know flag ettiquette as far as presentation and order from my days in the army, but not the corps-specific stuff like "breaking the plane".

Haven't even heard anyone talk about rules regarding American Flag (got to quit saying AF) section since the Color Presentation went out sometime after the Bicentennial. Only Honor Guard etiquette is what gets passed down anymore from the older members.

Man the only thing I did in the 80s when I carried the colors was march out and plant myself with my back to the corps. That way no one would be in front of the flag. Did have judges in the old ICA circuit check us out during a show and can't figure out why.

I'm still looking for a pic of me in the Honor Guard, my wife can't believe I did that just so I could be with the corps part of the season. :blink: (Hey Nanci, I should be on that tape of 1985 ICA Rain Fest (oops Championships) that Ron got a few years ago.)

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

We had a boundary violation and I can live with the penalties.

However, I think the conversation should be about the fair and equitable assessment of penalties. Nobody should be "getting away" with anything if DCA is really serious about these and other violations.

For example, how many corps crossed the plane of their honor guards this past weekend and didn't get penalized? I can think of at least one...

Just my $.02

And I wonder how large the penalty would have been if the Renegades had trooped the stands?

3. so find four more violations and you can get up to 7 :P

Don't think so, pal.

It was me.

We were leaving the field, and my "johnson" flopped out and crossed the boundary line. I know, it wasn't even supposed to be out in the first place, but there you have it.

So, I cost the corps a couple of places..........................but it did get me a couple of dates later that night ^0^

note to self. Rochester women dont think size matters :P