234 members have voted

1. 1. What were your overall impressions

• Superb, best one that I can recall
    • Fine, no major complaints
    • Some aspects good, some bad-overall positive
    • Some aspects good, some bad-overall negative
    • Severely flawed, concerns need to be addressed
    • Tis a silly place, lets not go there again

Without becoming embroiled in existing discussions, I believe the tasks performed by the City of Rochester, the city's public safety department(s), Allen Buell and his staff, and DCA officials were exemplary! A new venue is always a bit bite (in any context) and I believe Saturday's weather has tainted opinion on some levels.

The police were where they needed to be when they needed to be there. A welcome change from Lackawanna ("In fact, Lackawanna is a sin all by itself!") County. Don't expect the proposed additional construction to be done by next year. Ain't gonna happen...! The field surface during the worst of the storm was outstanding. That much water had to affect even Sunday's accoustics. Excellent, balanced lighting without apparent hot-spots. The customized, to-order French fries took too long. Hard to get good help over a holiday weekend. Upper deck seat seams get a zero because of water leakage.

Parking was adequate if you had a pink or blue pass. Those who rode shuttles from the hotels to the stadium found them adequate but not frequent enough. Certainly did miss having a club or restaurant on-site. This led to cheese and pepper loaf sandwiches aboard MCL-1 for dinner.

Being able to store souvie stock ON-SITE was a god-send! Thanks to Charlie King and the GREAT stadium staff who made this possible and eliminated a lot of muscle strain on a night when everyone was cruising for a date with the linament bottle.

Friday night downtown was STELLAR, with the exception of the mini-corps venue accoustics. Great party and the weather was perfect!

Will look forward to '07 in Monore County, without the monsoon.

How about Lincoln Financial Field in Philly for '08? Can you imagine South Street or even 2 Street for I&E? I could gain another 10 pounds just thinking about it!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the fact that it wasnt a baseball field and that it was turf......but the stands were just not high enough.....it didnt feel like finals to me in that stadium.

just my $.02.....for what its worth

Man, I got taken by that line at 2003 prelims. But I went there like that was my spot. What absolutely kills me is I knew it was there and still went there.

Pity it wasn't.

Having it at Rutgers Stadium would definitely take care of having to worry about a football game getting in the way :lol:

Hey.... watch it, pal. Rutgers is 2-0, and Lord willing and the creek don't rise, will be going to a 2nd straight bowl game this year.

Not exactly the second coming of Bear Bryant or whatever, but hey.... we long-suffering Rutgers fans have to take what we can get while the gettin's good!!!!!!!

Seriously.... aside from the fact that the Rutgers football team opens at home some years, on Labor Day weekend, I understand that the Rutgers University administration is VERY reluctant to allow drum corps, marching bands, etc. to use the Rutgers Stadium field. That's unfortunate, since the stadium, IMO, would be a great drum corps venue.

Fran

Back on the Paetec Park topic:

The hot roast-beef sandwiches ROCKED!!!!!

Fran

Back on the Paetec Park topic:

The hot roast-beef sandwiches ROCKED!!!!!

Fran

For those who weren't there, Fran is referring to these incredible sandwiches which a stand sold at PAETEC. It was prime rib served on a kaiser roll. The prime rib was drenched in au jus (sp?). We also had the option of cheddar cheese or a kaiser roll with rye seeds and salt (can't remember the name of the roll). Lemmee tell you, while Ernesto was wreaking havoc on those of us in the Stadium Saturday night, those sandwiches were a bright spot for me and, I'm sure, for many others.

This has to be one of the soberist DCA weekends in history.

When I saw the sign saying beer was $6.50 a cup, I said "NO WAY"

the vendors along the fence were better priced and the Labatts tallboys were a bargain