Cadets Narration 2007

When they released those clips, that was when I was assuming they were not going to be including narration. Narration ruins a drum corps show for me. It's as simple as that. Now I hope the show is the worst that it can be music-wise and drill-wise, so not that much is wasted.

I cant believe you would actually post or think something like that, very unclassy...Its not like I actually held any of your posts in the past to a high regard in the first place, but this one reached a new level of pathetic. I kinda hope you bump into the Cadets this summer...introduce yourself, I'm sure they would love to meet you :worthy:

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant believe you would actually post or think something like that, very unclassy...Its not like I actually held any of your posts in the past to a high regard in the first place, but this one reached a new level of pathetic. I kinda hope you bump into the Cadets this summer...introduce yourself, I'm sure they would love to meet you :worthy:

My opinions are pathetic?

You're forming your opinions of me as a person based on my opinions of drum corps? Wow...

Conner, I feel the same way about a lot of what you say about drum corps, but I'm sure you're probably a really awesome guy.

I don't think it's based on your opinions, because your opinion against amplification is very valid. It's the way you present it at times that is being judged.

If you read for quite some time, then you know to take personal conversations to PM ....and this is the only forum I post to now and then in the off-season. Yes, you and five or ten others amongst thousands.

And yes, I dont care. DCP is DCP .....reality is so much more fufilling.

~G~

Pompous, illogical, and disapointing, your opinion is noted !!

IMO, there are probably a good number more than 5-10. I don't reply b/c it's usually a waste of time.

Also, I give Hrothgar much more respect by replying to his posts and striking some conversation. Granted, I may put my thoughts about his ideas harshly at times, but I fell he's worth giving it a try and there's usually some type of overarching point I can try to make in those posts. He's very strong in his opinions, and he shows his respect to individuals on this board. Most of his posts are defending his opinions, not attacking for the sake of attacking.

I have not called you Cadet Borg, you know that already. However, you write quite differently than the other poster I quoted, who gives his eternal blessing and hommage without knowing what will happen in the future. There's a difference.

The guy, Tekk, was showing his admiration for his corps. It's different when you're a former member.

For example, I always look forward to The Cadets the most every year and will cheer wildly. They hold a place in the hearts of their alumni, just like many other corps. I'll still be critical, as there are parts of the show I probably won't like, but I'm still going to give it up. They didn't have my favorite show last year (Fantastic job by the way Phantom), but I still enjoyed many portions of their show and will always give them a full ovation (Barring they don't come out and flick off the audience or something like that).

When they released those clips, that was when I was assuming they were not going to be including narration. Narration ruins a drum corps show for me. It's as simple as that. Now I hope the show is the worst that it can be music-wise and drill-wise, so not that much is wasted.

You know something, that's really a ####ed up thing to say. I am sure the kids who will be marching that show really appreciate that comment. I hope they run out of tickets so you don't have to go.

My opinions are pathetic?

Opinions are understood to be made after watching something. On the topic of 2007 Cadets, you've been giving prejudgments, as in passing your judgment prematurely before receiving adequate experience.

There's a difference and one is often considered a little less respectable than the other.

You know something, that's really a ####ed up thing to say. I am sure the kids who will be marching that show really appreciate that comment. I hope they run out of tickets so you don't have to go.

Just stating my opinion. In case I wasn't clear, I was referring to the musical and visual repertoire, not performance. Of course I wouldn't wish onto the marching members a bad performance. I think you're failing to take into account Hrothgar's law, which states

The better a show could have been without amplified vocals, the worse it will be with amplified vocals.

Why? Because so much potential is being wasted, and the corps will never utilize that musical and visual program again in a context that does not include amped vocals. If the Cadets had not used vocals in last year's show, it would undoubtedly have been one of my favorite shows of all time. When I first heard the 2006 music, I was in awe over how amazing the show was going to be because the music was just spectacular. Lest you should forget the show is now one of my least favorite of all time. That's my rationale behind the comment I made earlier. If the music and drill are spectacular, but I cannot enjoy it due to the narration, it pains me to think that just one little step could have been taken and it would have been mine (and many others') favorite shows. If the musical repertoire and drill are sub-standard, then it's not that big of a deal to me because not that much is being lost. It's the idea of having a horrendous show that could very easily be an amazing show that saddens me the most.

The use of voice by the Cadets in 2006 was not a mistake, the way it was integrated into the show was the mistake, and yes they have learned from that mistake!

Sorry but in my opinion you are just wrong. Narration has no place in drum corps. Amplified voice has no place in drum corps. The fact that the Cadets chose to go ahead and do it lowered their stock more than they will ever realize. Done...

Edited by Jazzycat1

Down with the Cadets, I hope they fold next year so we just remember their good years before they ruin everything.

This may not be what you're saying, but it sure sounds the same for a lot of people. I'm sure there are a good deal of people in the Cadets who are against narration and amplification.

I don't know where your marched for if you marched, but you do not understand DCI if you are saying something like this. Whatever it is, when you say something such as this, there is no validation. Because you do not understand or did not understand what it takes to put 135 people out on a football field to practice 12-16 hours a day or to perform in front of thousands. Forget if what they are doing is drum corps or some other field apparatus. You just don't know what this activity... or should I say performing is about. You may have performed, but you don't know what it's about. Not at all to me.