What do you wear to a drum corps show?

One of my Cadets shirts of COURSE! Unless they're not there...then I'll either wear a Cadets shirt or my SCV 35th anniversary shirt (I unfortunately don't own any other corps shirts).

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you that guy that wears a corps t-shirt of one of the corps that will be performing? Do you wear your member jacket that's 2-sizes too small because you aged out 10 or 15 (or more) years ago and you still think you can fit in it? Or are you the type to come fully prepared with any and all pieces of clothing that will have you ready for any weather that may occur before, during, or after the show (ie, desert climate all the way to arctic chill)?

I have to be honest and say that my favorite show-goer is the older lady type that comes with the HUGE Mary Poppins type bag that has everything her and her entire family would need for a complete 2 week vacation. Anyone know what I'm talking about here?

I have one tradition in regards to my drum corps attire choice when attending a show. I have been going to DCI qrts, semis and finals the last couple of seasons and I always buy a DCI Championship shirt (Last year it was the 2006 DCI Championships Madison Wi) Anyway.....at quarter finals I wear the DCI Championship shirt from the prior year. Sort of the passing of the torch. So in DCI quarter finals in Madison 2006 I wore my 2005 DCI Foxboro shirt and in Pasadena Ca, I will be wearing my 2006 DCI Championship Madison WI shirt.

Triple Forte

The only show I get to attend this year is in San Antonio - OK Maybe Houston and San Antonio so I'll be proudly wearing a Madison Scouts polo shirt!!!!!

This past Finals (my first in 13 years) I wore a green & white striped polo.

VERY visable on the ESPN broadcast! B)

And yes, I actually thought about that before I wore it. :P

For me, jeans and a nice tee.. usually a tank with a button down over the top. Sandals or flip flops. I don't typically wear corps gear.. sometimes but not too often.

But then there's the jacket. I don't wear my corps jacket anymore for a couple of reasons.. the main one being that it's WAY too big for me now. I have my WCS jacket but again.. way too big.. so I usually end up hauling my patch jacket along. This way I'm ready for chilly if it gets chilly at night.

The only regular accessory that comes to every show is not a bag, but the Blanket of Life. La Cohiva de Vida. It's a magical shred of cloth that's lovely and cushy and it protects my bottom from splinters and bleacher burn.

That's it.

This past Finals (my first in 13 years) I wore a green & white striped polo.

VERY visable on the ESPN broadcast! B)

And yes, I actually thought about that before I wore it. :P

I don't remember you wearing that, and I was sitting directly in front of you. :worthy: