Capital Regiment

Yeah I heard from a buddy at Texas Tech that Bob Knight is a real big drum corps fan!! And I know that Dennis Green use to watch Arizona Academy all the time since they reherse right next to the Cardinals practice fields. Supposedly he's been becoming a fan as well.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand what you mean, but let me remember you what happened. There was a corps rehearsing on a field and "Bizkowski got the 20 players to run and wade into the band members". now, this to me seems to me an intimidatory act to get the corps kids to go away or, at least, to show them "who's the man".

now, would you define "believing in your staff, coaches, the program, whatever" hurting an innocent kid who is simply rehearsing? I define that person with the exact words I used before: brainwashed ######.

If you want to get somewhere, you need to use your brain. you must be able to understand what's right and what's wrong.

oh no no no, i wasnt saying what they did was ok. i sure as #### wouldn't willingly break someone in half if they didn't deserve it. I was saying watch what you say in response to the guy you quoted, cause you said THAT was the dumbest thing you've ever heard , i thought you were calling him a brainwashed ######. a majority of coaches arent Hitler and arent going to make their team hurt others. BUT in this case I pretty much see what your saying.

I think it is important to note that the coach LOST HIS JOB...and as I recall, a couple of the players lost their scholarships. NIU did not just try to sweep this under the rug. The university President was very angry about this.

Sure, he lost his job at NIU, but was almost immediately hired at Marion Catholic HS.

Garry in Vegas

It was also an example of something we probably ALL faced while in our school music programs..a total lack of respect for what WE do out there...and typically it comes from the football players.

How many time4s did you or your mates get called "band fags" or something along those lines??

several times...but as I was dating the head majorette at the time, I always just giggled at them... B)

It was also an example of something we probably ALL faced while in our school music programs..a total lack of respect for what WE do out there...and typically it comes from the football players.

How many time4s did you or your mates get called "band fags" or something along those lines??

It ended pretty fast when I was the assistant director at a HS in soCal. I walked right into their huddle and called them on it before heading to the head coach's office. He was great, and we didn't have any problems I can remember after that.

I think what really ticked off the players in the huddle was when I told them we had a better win/loss record than they did!

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

Yeah I heard from a buddy at Texas Tech that Bob Knight is a real big drum corps fan!! And I know that Dennis Green use to watch Arizona Academy all the time since they reherse right next to the Cardinals practice fields. Supposedly he's been becoming a fan as well.

There is also a great viginette on the 89 legacy dvd with him talking about the activity.

Edited by raphael18

...I think what really ticked off the players in the huddle was when I told them we had a better win/loss record than they did!

Garry in Vegas

My high school's marching band has a better "record" than the football team too. Luckily enough, our football team doesn't consist of a bunch of jerks. :)