3 Favorite Cadets Drumlines?

For just utterly ridiculous cleanliness, I'd say 2003 is my favorite line. Other than that though, all the books sound way too similar in my opinion... and not very musical either.

?????????????????????????????????????NEVERMIND, WHATEVER

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though I didn't really dig the 2005 or 2006 shows, their drumlines were unbelievable those years.

?????????????????????????????????????NEVERMIND, WHATEVER

maybe the guys that thought that Cadets "sound the same" and sound "too similar" were referring to writing tendencies - I'm not sure though. If they were, I would tend to agree - Cadets at times are kind of predictable in their breaks and exposed parts - lots of parradiddlediddles/fast triplet rolls etc. - but that is their style, and usually very good lines. Winning drums three out of the last five years isn't too shabby :)

Give ya a hint- leg kick, leg kick and leg kick. B)

Special mention to 1991 as well- pretty hard to beat a 15-person tenor line.

1987- My favorite piece of music.

2003- Most exciting line since 2000

2005 - Crazy clean. The pit was outsanding!

2005 - :laugh:

1997 - underrated.

For people saying 2000 because of the tenor solo, you should see #### people can do when the drum are ON STANDS. Cadets 1998 tenor solo impresses me much more than 2000.

For people saying 2000 because of the tenor solo, you should see #### people can do when the drum are ON STANDS.

I mentioned that I never get tired of watching/listening to the 00 tenor feature, but that isn't the only reason I put that year on my list. While I mentioned the feature, I put the 00 line as #2 because of the whole line, not just the feature. I think most drummers following DCI are well aware of what people can do on stands. The first tenor break was played with the drums on wasn't it? Besides being clean, I like the break on the stands because of it being something different. It was electrifying to see. The go between the snares and tenors, I think was well written. The Cadets, at times don't get credit for how well they move and play. I agree about 98 - same for 93/94. I've said before on some other topic, that I would like to see some other corps play some of those types of breaks while practically running :P .

I completly disagree about 2006 - that line would be way, way down on my list. But, that is just my opinion :P

I haven't seen many Cadets shows, and I really like the ridiculously long drum feature from last year's show. I know they aren't clean, but I like them. :)

Well, not just because I marched that year.....but 89 was the real deal....the first of the "super-note" lines...

My number 2? 87. Taste, speed, dynamically detailed, awesome!

Number 3? It would be a 3-way toss-up between.....

1997 (due to the speed they moved at, and the way they played on the move...unreal!),

1985 (the first of the great Garfield lines, and totally "Hannum"!!!), and.....

1988 (under-appreciated line. They won percussion on Sat. night, but it was given to SCV due to GE. I have the field tape from 88. I can send it to someone, if they want to post it...PM me with an email address, and I'll send it out....UN-REAL articulation, dynamically sensitive, and above all.....ON MYLAR!!!!!)

Cadetsnare....out.