Cadets 2007 - Love it or Hate it?

Cadets 2007  

243 members have voted

1. 1. You've seen it...

• Love it
    • Hate it

Yes, it would. The hornline is playing some SLICK stuff in there! But you never get a chance to pay attention because they talking literally never stops for more than 15 seconds at any point in the show.

Their GE scores are going to hurt them until they re-write and take out about half of the talking.

True, but it also seemed to me like there were a ton of areas in the show where pauses/hits/etc. were written around points in the narration...

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but it also seemed to me like there were a ton of areas in the show where pauses/hits/etc. were written around points in the narration...

They were... If they are going to take out a lot of the narration (which I pray they do), they will have to rewrite a lot of the music.

Right, and I think those section will stay untouched. They'll take out a lot of vocals from the other parts of the show so its less talky, and thus score better on the GE sheet.

Yeah but brass books are rewritten all over the place over the course of a summer...they can fix those, or can even leave some in and do some cool visual and/or guard things during them...

Dramatic much?

Yes, actually. And get paid very well for it , thank you. B)

The voiceovers are the core of the show. Getting rid of them totally would be admitting that the show concept itself failed. Ain't gonna happen. They'll keep tweaking the script to make it more effective, but as Sheldon Harnick once said, the problem with washing garbage is that when you're done, it's still garbage.

Too bad, because it sounds like the hornline and drumline are both already kicking ###.

Edited by mobrien

I really cannot believe I am saying this but, I am EXTREMELY disappointed with this show right now. There is WAY TOO MUCH NARRATION. There is some good stuff going on in the horns and drums, but this narration BS is taking away from it. I felt like I was watching ensemble rehearsal. What the hell is going on?!!! You guys are probably going to get on me for this because of how much I LOVE The Cadets, but this narration bit is not making me want to throw babies. All I can say is Good Luck Cadets. You'll need it.

Besides narration, they will never get anywhere with a guard that looks like that!!! That was not a top 5 level colorguard tonight, and that is so very unusual for the Cadets. Did they have some staff shifts???? The work itself didn't seem to be consistent with the past two years.

Obviously I've only watched it on the computer at this point, but I thought the music book was pretty strong and the drill seemed to have potential.

But, for the love of mankind, they need to lose about 75% of the narration. I'm not anti-amps by any means, but when the voice track is constantly distracting me from what seem to be pretty cool moments in the show, it's time to drop it.

Edited by ShortAndFast

Why on earth are they doing this? I mean, I haven't seen the show in full, but I've seen a lot of it and this narration is just...my goodness it's like a bad commercial. The Cadets are one of my favorites corps and they have such a great history. Why do the feel the need to do this?

Edited by dccorpsfan

Bring back the rabbit. Just kidding.

On the serious side, get rid of the narration. Let us hear the performers playing their instruments, please.