Jersey Surf 2015

They broke these out at camp this past weekend:

11046586_10155524505385314_2878648804307

How cool would it be of they did Fire Down Below, Rant And Rave or another classic Panorama champion tune as a perc feature?

Pretty ####### cool.

How cool would it be of they did Fire Down Below, Rant And Rave or another classic Panorama champion tune as a perc feature?

Pretty ####### cool.

Or maybe they'll just play some Harry Belafonte tunes ... ;)

• Like 1

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wC-DwfIpuk0

Never mind how dirty the ensemble is or how terrible the acoustics in the Carrier Dome are. What I'm trying to say is that steel drums have been used in a show just this past fall and you didn't even know it.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1

A red hot Fela Kuti number would be fun too.

• 4 weeks later...

They had a good brass-only camp this past weekend, with special guest-instructor Al Chez. Everyone seems to be pleased with the current level of playing (though what corps does NOT say that?). 92 days and counting until their first competition.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Surf were very pleased with how much drill they were able to teach this weekend, and I was very pleased with the sound - so nice to hear a drum corps play outside after the long indoor rehearsal season.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a fun program! Maybe it's my fault for the way my brain functions, though, but that line break on "Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me" is pretty unfortunate.

Had to catch myself as I laughed way too loud while my students were taking a test and I read this!!!