Fan Network 2015

They may follow WGI with the free fanzoNE on YouTube to protect from growing copyright issues.

So does that include every WGI finals performance?

http://wgizone.com/

they came out with it right before finals this year so it only has 2014 and 2015. They say that they should be adding the other years. The problem with the wgizone was that there wasnt any webcasts all winter which would kill DCI if that happens.

exactly. WGI rarely had live feeds outside of finals weeks. usually videos from regionals went up the week after, and was usually a one camera shoot, and not always from the best angles

The latest Field Pass seems to indicate that the 15th Preview show with the Troopers and Madison Scouts will be online. Didn't say Fan Network specifically, said the following after talking about their first shows:

"Before that you're going to participate in a little preview for some online viewers and some folks in Indianapolis who care to come out to it."

Edited by DrumManTx

There is a post up on the fan network website now - we should know everything by June 1:

Dear Fan Network Member:

We apologize for the delay in bringing you the plan for the 2015 Drum Corps International Tour on the DCI Fan Network.

We know that you’re as excited as we are about the start of another incredible season of performances, and we assure you that it will be well worth the wait; with more live streams from more events available on more devices than ever before.

You can expect to receive an update on or before June 1. Until then, please continue to enjoy the Fan Network with our complements.

" more live streams " sounds good.

" more price" too, perhaps ? Well, we'll know soon enough.

Yeah, but my worry is that it may be only live streams, if the licensing can't be worked out.

Ya, I'm probably in the minority on DCP on this, but the archives for me were an attractive asset to the overall FN package of service. Don't get me wrong, the live streams are a big deal for me, but losing some of these iconic shows from the past in the FN package of service was a big deal to me too, as I did frequent the FN archives quite a bit, particularly in the offseason, where nothing much is happening. I do have some of these past shows on the physical DVD, and other sources, but it was nice to have them all in one convenient site, and conveniently stored in my computer for easy storage and retrieval when needed.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 5

Ya, I'm probably in the minority on DCP on this, but the archives for me were an attractive asset to the overall FN package of service. Don't get me wrong, the live streams are a big deal for me, but losing some of these iconic shows from the past in the FN package of service was a big deal to me too, as I did frequent the FN archives quite a bit, particularly in the offseason, where nothing much is happening. I do have some of these past shows on the physical DVD, and other sources, but it was nice to have them all in one convenient site, and conveniently stored in my computer for easy storage and retrieval when needed.

Same here, I love the archived content more so than anything live (namely that's always during put the kid down to sleep time..).

If they launch a player that I can listen to the audio of previous years on my iPhone, that would make me really really happy

• Like 2

I agree with Dan to a point: the archives are nice as someday DVDs will go extinct. But I'll take the streams if it's all I can get