Cadets 2016

Tobias

Well HockeyDad Cadets just finished rewriting half the show so they are behind everyone else. So that's the reason for the hope that cleaning will help which is has just in 7 days.

We haven't even seen the real endings yet for some of the corps near the top. So everyone is evolving for the better.

The Cadets just have a lot further to go right now. Even with the changes, the show looks spliced. Transitions are functional and utilitarian. Not what I'm used to seeing from these guys. The music is there... I just don't see the visual being able to match it. But we will see.

Hop FB

REDO SAN ANTONIO MONDAY

( due to long laundry trip)
as of 11:51 pm

8:00 am —— caption head chat … make sure we have this ready
8:30 am —— breakfast
9:00 am —— full staff
9:45 am — the day ( including the walk)
10:00 am — S and R
10:30 am — Rehearsal Block #1
1:30 pm — Lunch
2:15 pm — Rehearsal Block #2
5:00 pm — snack
5:30 pm — Rehearsal Block #3
8:00 pm — Snack
8:30 pm — Ensemble
10:30 pm — EPL
12:30 am — on thee road to Brenham

Hop FB additional details for Monday

REDO and NOTES

This is as of 8:23 am

Monday, July 25th in San Antonio, Texas

8:30 am – WAKE
9:45 am – the DAY
S and R
10:00 am – Stretch!
10:30 am — Block 1
Brass with Craig and Visual team --- Letter X to the end

Guard with Sully and guard staff --- letter X to the current Maestoso, scaffolding field

Percussion on field – learning drill and music from X to the end
Teaching the music first!

1:30 pm – Lunch -- all in 1:30 pm at the stadium

2:15 pm -- Visual Block #2
- Percussion learning drill
- Guard more drill and work
- Brass … more fine tuning and perfection of all

4:45 pm – SNACK

5:15 pm – SECTIONAL BLOCK

8:00 pm – SET UP

8:15 pm – ENSEMBLE --- new and old Stuff

10:15 pm – EPL and a Walk

12:10 am – Butts in Seat

12:20 am — head for Brenham.

• Like 1

This "they have more room to grow" and "they can clean" that I'm reading over and over, isn't changing anything. So I'm not buying into it. All the other corps have room to grow and room to clean. So everyone is growing and cleaning. Bluecoats, who were going to "peak early" according to poster after poster, seem to be breaking into the lead instead. So I'm going to take the contrarian view. I think it's a very real possibility Cavies will pass Cadets.

I agree. As it stands now, the Cavies have the better designed show, especially on the visual side. They beat Cadets in Visual and GE, so it's obvious right now percussion is the Cadets saving grace. I'm not sure where the brass finished, but with a 5th overall in music it's unlikely they finished higher than 4th. Brass and percussion are definitely the strength's of the Cadets this year, but will it be enough to ward off the Cavaliers? That is the question.

I do agree that everyone has room to grow, and changes to add and enhance. Everyone else will not be sitting still while the Cadets are evolving and improving. At the end of the day, even with the changes we have seen, the Cadets show is still suffering from a visual standpoint. You can make all the changes you want, and theoretically have more room to grow than others, but that does not always translate into results.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 1

Um duh FTNK. Thanks for your infinite wisdom and pointing that out to all of us. Feel better that you got your Monday Cadet "Dig" in ??

Um duh FTNK. Thanks for your infinite wisdom and pointing that out to all of us. Feel better that you got your Monday Cadet "Dig" in ??

It's a discussion board. I don't understand why people get so upset. Saying the Cadets have some big visual issues this year isn't a dig, it's reality.

• Like 2

It's a discussion board. I don't understand why people get so upset. Saying the Cadets have some big visual issues this year isn't a dig, it's reality.

perhaps it is because that discussion has hit a rut and keeps repeating like a record whose needle is stuck since June 23rd.

I don't disagree with your first post today. Some disagree that the haters never balance their comments with acknowledgements of the positive as you did when you mentioned percussion.

Just like Scojo at BD doesn't like to hose his percussion book, Gino doesn't like to hose what Bocook has written. He tries to maximize it . But as the days grow shorter...

I agree. As it stands now, the Cavies have the better designed show, especially on the visual side. They beat Cadets in Visual and GE, so it's obvious right now percussion is the Cadets saving grace. I'm not sure where the brass finished, but with a 5th overall in music it's unlikely they finished higher than 4th. Brass and percussion are definitely the strength's of the Cadets this year, but will it be enough to ward off the Cavaliers? That is the question.

I do agree that everyone has room to grow, and changes to add and enhance. Everyone else will not be sitting still while the Cadets are evolving and improving. At the end of the day, even with the changes we have seen, the Cadets show is still suffering from a visual standpoint. You can make all the changes you want, and theoretically have more room to grow than others, but that does not always translate into results.

They should be winning GE. Cadets are far superior in tees if music GE. By a mile.