The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

My question is, can Spirit of Atlanta break this new 12th and out curse that has been here for a while?

2007 12th Place: Spirit, 2008: 15

2008 12th Place: Madison Scouts, 2009: 15

2009 12th Place: Troopers, 2010: 15

2010 12th Place: Glassmen, 2011: 13

2011 12th Place: Spirit, 2012: ?

My question is, can Spirit of Atlanta break this new 12th and out curse that has been here for a while?

2007 12th Place: Spirit, 2008: 15

2008 12th Place: Madison Scouts, 2009: 15

2009 12th Place: Troopers, 2010: 15

2010 12th Place: Glassmen, 2011: 13

2011 12th Place: Spirit, 2012: ?

I say no..only because I dont think their finals appearence was a slam dunk by no means. That last week it could have gone to anyone of 3 I believe.

• Like 1

SCV in 3rd, and BD in 4th ?

SCV has finished higher than 4th, once in the last 12 years. Its certainly possible they could medal next year, but that's a real stretch, imo. Too much turnover of staff there and Fiedler hasn't done much there to give one confidence that they'll beat ( for example ) BD next season. But who knows. Its September, 2011 here and we're making predictions about August of 2012.

Like I said, it's a prediction. But with the big staff names getting brought in to SCV, this could be a staff to move up. No one really worried when Bluecoats went from 6th to 3rd, so I don't see it being out of the question for SCV to do it in a year too. I think sometimes we get a bit caught up in the "juggernaut" factor of DCI, and thinking no corps can fall. But for every 1986, BD has a 1990 or 1991. Even the mightiest of corps can drop in placement.

I predict that Pioneer will play Celtic music. :ph34r:

Whoever has the show design will win.....period. You don't win because you have the best brass, drum line or guard...you win because of what you do with them in the show design. The captions are tie-breakers. Any of the top six have the chops to do it, but the design team that works the best together consistently in an open collaboration builds the best opportunity for success. Unfortuate for some, this occurs most often with the usual suspects (BD, Cadets and until recently... Cavies) Is it possible for a freak situation to occur where a rogue design meets a capable staff and performing corps?...it's possible...but it's not bloodly likely.

I predict.....

That the non-Madison Scouts fans...... will be irritated by the people in front of them when they stand up with a min. left til the end of the Scouts show....

Well those dozen or so bone-heads are just going to have to stand up just like the rest of the thousands of Scout fans in the stands, aren't they?

• Like 4