Fan Network 2013 Semi-Finals

3vgej9.jpg

Don't worry, Crown. It's all good....Well, maybe not.

Edited by oldschooldbc
  • Like 4

This is absolutely hilarious. He prefaced that he has loved the BD shows of the past (ie. 2010) but his classification of tonights show as "flat" is pathetic? BD fans sure come out with some gems during finals week.

LOL, way to cherry pick a statement. He said the players looked bored like they didn't care that they were performing. That is a pretty ###### thing to say about kids that just played and marched the living hell out of a show.

• Like 1

Good for Jenna Wojdula of Legends. I thought she stood out as a DM when I first saw the corps last year.

I am not a BD honk but they were so incredible and clean tonight. They are going to win.

I'm not even a fan of their show (musically or visually), and I'm still having a hard time believing Crown is even close to them. They are just that good.

This has to be the best analysis I've read about BD all season on DCP.

So good he decided to post it three times. :tongue:

• Like 1

That would work if I was there. tongue.gif People bag on Cadets for ending in a company front for a few years in a row, but no one seems to mention that BD has ended the same way since 2007. Just something I noticed.

Valid point.....I remember in 2008, they kept getting closer and closer as they approached finals and finally ended up in the pit and nearly the front row! Sure as hell beats quasi soft ends.....ala 2010.

It's called Cavies getting a giant Christmas gift from the Cavie Ghost of Christmas past...Anyone who's honest and listens to their horn line can only conclude that they are riding the wave of their past accomplishments and nothing more...This is what consistency, all be it from the past can bring to your door step.

The Cavaliers brass has always been like they are this year, just with a greater degree of control and cleanliness in runs in the championship era as opposed to the past two years. Even in their championship years, I find myself wanting better balance out of the line, better tones at big moments, and way, way less baritone. If anything, 2012 was the first time that these issues became a big enough detriment to hurt their scores. Everything else they're doing, especially outside just the musical aspect of the brass, warrants the score.

Remember people, Brass is one caption of EIGHT of them, and judges consider way more than just tone quality.

Edited by DrumcorpsmademeaTuba
  • Like 1