Fan Network 2013 Semi-Finals

I admit, as much as I love BD's show (I'm a sucker for dark jazz) I'm not wild about the very end either. I kinda wish they had changed it a bit. It's like it builds but there's no payoff.

I guess Phantom must a license on fatalities in a DCI show.. :tongue:

I agree that as amazing as the rest of it is, certainly something other than rushing the front on a unison note would be a better way to end the show.

That would work if I was there. :tongue:/> People bag on Cadets for ending in a company front for a few years in a row, but no one seems to mention that BD has ended the same way since 2007. Just something I noticed.

Uh no

For example 2011

• Like 2

It's called Cavies getting a giant Christmas gift from the Cavie Ghost of Christmas past...Anyone who's honest and listens to their horn line can only conclude that they are riding the wave of their past accomplishments and nothing more...This is what consistency, all be it from the past can bring to your door step.

I thought both the Boston Crusaders and Madison Scouts were a bit better than the Cavaliers tonite. I think I've been around enough to know what a 91.2 score is compared to others in heas to head competition. The judges had the Cavs under 2 points with their performance compared with the Bluecoats and yet the Bluecoats were pretty good tonite for themselves compared to last nite. So this was a very nice number for Cavs tonite, imo... a bit of a head scratcher, but what are you gonna do, it is what it is.

• Like 4

When watching Crown why does it seem like most times the battery is exposed they up the volumes on the vocals? Is that called cleaning today?

It's called Cavies getting a giant Christmas gift from the Cavie Ghost of Christmas past...Anyone who's honest and listens to their horn line can only conclude that they are riding the wave of their past accomplishments and nothing more...This is what consistency, all be it from the past can bring to your door step.

Or Madison Scouts needs to have a better visual program (and color guard program): that's likely where the disparity in scores is

• Like 2

Valid point.....I remember in 2008, they kept getting closer and closer as they approached finals and finally ended up in the pit and nearly the front row! Sure as hell beats quasi soft ends.....ala 2010.

Just wouldn't mind seeing them hit a huge form at the end and blast everyone away, instead of just walking forward and jumping around until the show ends. Personal preference.

When watching Crown why does it seem like most times the battery is exposed they up the volumes on the vocals? Is that called cleaning today?

That could qualify as helping their Music Analysis score, but the Percussion judge shouldn't be affected since he's on the field behind the speakers, and can even just watch the hands to gauge cleanliness and technique if things get too loud.

This is absolutely hilarious. He prefaced that he has loved the BD shows of the past (ie. 2010) but his classification of tonights show as "flat" is pathetic? BD fans sure come out with some gems during finals week.

This is the most ironic statement this evening. If you think BD fans launch some gems during finals week..... I suggest you get your pen and pencil ready if they win tonight and tomorrow.....and they won't be coming from BD fans. :blink:/>

• Like 1

Uh no

For example 2011

Cool. One year out of what, 6? Just saying it would be cool for them to change it up.