Madison in Macy's Parade

Have to admit I'm looking forward to seeing this :-) Hope NBC doesn't talk over them the whole time.

With 243 horns that may not be possible. Lets hope.

Edited by bass5
  • Like 2

With 243 horns that may not be possible. Lets hope.

I heard stories from my wife that the 91 All-Star corps blew mics in the pre-parade rehearsal/blocking, and then when the network switched mics out with higher quality they blew a few more during the performance. That could just be hype/talk (i.e. "in my day I walked to school up a hill both ways in the snow and had to fight off bears with my Trapper Keeper"), but a fun story to buy into none-the-less!

That could have been very possible in 91 if they used G-Bugles.

Another interesting story about Drum Corps and Macy's parade.

One year a friend of mine was a Director with the a H.S. Band from Florida. They too were to be at Start and bring in Santa at end. Well they got to NYC and forgot their Cymbal's. He called me and I called the Quartermaster for the NYC Skyliners. (I had helped him all the season before on Sky's Truck). He said I could get them for the Band. BUT, I was responsible to get them back for the next rehearsal. So I drove up from central Jersey to NYC to deliver them.

Then as it turned out MY home town was having the our City Christmas Tree Lighting the next day. So the Band, came down to PLAY for it. As a thank you to me. The City was amazed at how Large the band was. They were given (Every member: a Lunch by the City Fire Dept., Key to the City by the City,, a small Glass with the City Seal and more trinkets. And it was Front Page News with photos and all.

So the NYC Skyliners Cymbal's equipment marched one more time than the Corps. Although not many knew about it.

Edited by 2B or not 2B
  • Like 2

Executive Director Chris Komnick.
“As a result, we have performers as young as 15 and as old as 75 with a performer representing every year of our history from 1956 through 2014.”

There are indeed some amazing staff and members involved. Solid.

Go Madison
:xmas:

• Like 3

Executive Director Chris Komnick.

“As a result, we have performers as young as 15 and as old as 75 with a performer representing every year of our history from 1956 through 2014.”

Wonder if the 15 year old is a current member or an alumni's son. Now that would be cool.

in order to participate, they would have to have been either a 2014 member, or alumnus of the corps.

some are carrying G bugles, some are on Bb. But its a Madison arrangement for sure.

• Like 1

Wonder if the 15 year old is a current member or an alumni's son. Now that would be cool.

A Scout alumni's Son could only march if he himself was a one time member.

• Like 1