Final Finals Predictions!

The next week will be like the last two. BD will be in first during the week, and Crown will take it back on Saturday. Gates of Hell open on Saturdays.

I would personally like top three to be Crown, Bloo, Cadets, but BD are too #### good to deny.

Edited by defeldus

The Blue Devils have the most insane program from a music analysis perspective. The staging situations listening environments they place their members in are absolutely staggering. I'll give you two examples:

1. about a third of the way into the program they have high brass on Side 1, far back in the corner of the field, with the low brass on side two midfield. They trade stabs back and fourth, and it's crazy clean.

2. The first chunk of the ballad, the brass spreads the field, and all face different directions. The sound is incredibly smooth, with absolutely no breaks...while they are all individually turning.

The only corps that's in the same league with Blue Devils in terms of music ensemble is the Bluecoats, who are doing some ridiculous things with field spread, horizontal and vertical alignment, and mesh with electronics. But the single most impressive thing they pull off is the tuba feature. They have the line split in half side to side, with the two segments layered vertically. Then they play a technical feature, with harmonized splits and absurdly clean trade-offs between the two groups. It's incredible.

I think the Blue Devils have more brass to percussion ensemble challenges as well, and that may be where they are lagging behind...they aren't *quite* as clean as Crown and Cadets are in that area (BD won't get full credit until it's achieved completely). If/when the Blue Devils are squeaky clean though, it's game over in music ensemble.

Thank you for explaining this. I was wondering what BD had to do to pump up that music analysis score.

What I think will happen:

1. The Cadets - 96.6

2. Carolina Crown - 96.45

3. Blue Devils - 96.4

4. Bluecoats - 96.1

5. Santa Clara Vanguard - 94.7

6. Blue Knights - 91.8

7. Phantom Regiment - 90.95

8. The Cavaliers - 89.0

9. Madison Scouts - 88.4

10. Boston Crusaders - 88.1

11. Blue Stars - 88.0

12. Crossmen - 87.65

What I would like to see happen:

1. Carolina Crown - 96.5

1. The Cadets - 96.5

3. Blue Devils - 96.2

4. Bluecoats - 96.0

5. Santa Clara Vanguard - 94.45

6. Blue Knights - 93.8

7. The Cavaliers - 91.1

8. Blue Stars - 89.85

9. Madison Scouts - 89.8

10. Phantom Regiment - 89.5

11. Boston Crusaders - 88.6

12. Crossmen - 88.15

Edited by MarchandPlay
  • Like 1

I'm kinda' curious what everyone thinks scores are going to top out at. If the Top Four all stay within a point, I could see us not getting out of the 97 range.

I'd be happy if judges keep it below 98 only so that the trickiness of numbers management doesn't become as big of a factor when scoring. Otherwise, the number is absolutely meaningless, only the spreads matter.

• Like 1

only a number, thats it....Also doesn't mean better or not as good a last year

I didn't mention anything about last year, just curious what people think. Thank you for chiming in.

Y'know I was waiting for the show to start tonight when I saw quite a few posts on FB by some really jerky crown fans that just could not stand that DCI did a story on BD winning the previous night?!?!?! Your kids have not even entered Allentown by this time I a sure.

OK I get it. You love your marching members. YOU have won ONCE! 1 time, Uno, Singular. Yet they act like they own the activity all of a sudden.

I remember in the early 70's when BD members wore Boston Crusaders shirts under their uniforms and could not wait to even rub shoulders with the mighty Vanguard or the Commadores or the Knight Raiders.

It took 5 or 6 championships to start getting confident about consistently winning.

This is why we don't like you. M'kay?

You get mean on the weekends.

• Like 1