OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

When was the last time a DCI champion scored under a 98? I'm wondering if we could see that happen tonight.

On a different topic, I wonder how SCVC feels about performing tonight? They probably had a bigger, more appreciative crowd last night, since they were part of the actual competition. I'm sure they are enjoying the chance to play again in that this show is one "for the corps," but it must be a bit of a mixed bag.

When was the last time a DCI champion scored under a 98? I'm wondering if we could see that happen tonight.

Cavaliers. 2006. Scored 97.20

General Effect 1: Michael Stone, Mickey Kelly

General Effect 2: Glenn Fugett, Ken Turner

Visual Performance: Juno Orefice

Visual Analysis: Tim Ochran

Color Guard: Marie Czapinski

Brass Performance: Paul McGarr

Music Analysis: Jay Kennedy

Percussion: Jeff Prosperie

Percussion 2: Caleb Rothe

Chief Judge: John Phillips

Any consistent patterns among any of these judges as regards tonight's competitors?

For instance, at Massillon on Aug. 3, judging GE2 as he is tonight, Ken Turner had Carolina Crown 0.2 over Bluecoats and Bluecoats 0.1 over Cadets.

At San Antonio on July 18, also on GE2, he had Cadets 0.3 over Bluecoats, Bluecoats 0.1 over Blue Devils, and BD 0.4 over Crown.

So no pattern there, apparently, just show of the night.

• Like 2

Thank goodness "The Torch" isn't on the panel tonight. :thumbup:

Czapinski.

• Like 1

Hopefully every corps has their best show of the year. I selfishly decree that this must be the case for my Blu-Ray discs, so all corps take note! :babies:

• Like 3

Any consistent patterns among any of these judges as regards tonight's competitors?

For instance, at Massillon on Aug. 3, judging GE2 as he is tonight, Ken Turner had Carolina Crown 0.2 over Bluecoats and Bluecoats 0.1 over Cadets.

At San Antonio on July 18, also on GE2, he had Cadets 0.3 over Bluecoats, Bluecoats 0.1 over Blue Devils, and BD 0.4 over Crown.

So no pattern there, apparently, just show of the night.

So are you saying that if my corps loses tonight, that means they was out performed and the other corps won fair and square?? Ok i can deal with that. HEY WAIT A SEC..............if i admit my corps was out performed that means i can't come on DCP tonight and cry like a two year old and blame the judges, and make a bunch of sarcastic remarks about the other corps in order to gain a bunch of likes on my post so i can feel better about myself and my life. I no longer like your post N.E. Brigand LMAO.

• Like 3

Appreciate you running this thread. Have been following quarters and semi's from a ship in Bremen, Germany

I truly wish you all the best!

Just curious . . . . . . . could you hear Carolina Crown from up on deck?

• Like 1