SCV 2016

I hope every member of this corps knows that they have made a lot of us very happy. I absolutely love this show.

• Like 2

I've fallen in love with both this year. :)

It will be very interesting to see the crowd reactions to both groups next week. I would love to see SCV climb the ladder like Phantom did in 2008, although that would be extremely difficult to pull off.

I think you may be misinterpreting a lot of our love. I do love Blooooo's show this year, but I absolutely love SCV! Why not love both?

That's probably the case for some people. But a lot of others have said they don't like the "old school" or "traditional" styles, which is a bit sad to me. Personally, my three favorite shows ever are Scouts '88, Crown '15, and SCV '16. I absolutely understand why someone would like the Bluecoats show this year, though it's not really to my taste.

I saw this posted on Reddit. Not sure if it's been shared in this thread yet, I didn't go through the last few pages, but I agree with the person that made this video, this might be the only thing that could ever improve this already amazing show.

https://youtu.be/jLn2Zhv7V1w

• Like 2

I saw this posted on Reddit. Not sure if it's been shared in this thread yet, I didn't go through the last few pages, but I agree with the person that made this video, this might be the only thing that could ever improve this already amazing show.

I've been doing the yell there since the Stanford show. :tongue:

• Like 2

I've been doing the yell there since the Stanford show. :tongue:

I'm going to start doing it now too.

Sadly I'm not actually going to any more live shows this season, so my wife and daughter will just think I'm a crazy guy shouting in the living room.

• Like 1

I originally posted it here a few pages back. But, the more people that see it, the better chance there is to get a good Vanguard yell!

• Like 4

So the Cavaliers are getting fans to shout "GET IN LINE" during their show and yet SCV won't tell us directly when to shout "Vanguard?" SMH.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

OK... Brenda and I completed a "California doubleheader" today when we got to see SCV at their rehearsal site in Maryland. (After catching Blue Devils Monday in Virginia.)

Today's trip happened at the last minute... we had no plans to "do drum corps" today. But we got word from a friend on FB, hopped in the car and went.

We caught about an hour and a half of their ensemble work on the field. Absolutely great show. Super high energy. A classic, straight-up drum corps production.

Mellophones had some problems at the start of the ballad... fatigue, perhaps, but I'm sure it can be fixed... but other than that, the mello line was incredible. Any old-timer who complains that today's horn lines "aren't loud enough" needs to stand in front of the SCV mellophone line in particular, and horn line in general. LOL.

• Like 4