Staff merri-go-round

I believe the statistics show that their are two male competing members (pun not intended) to every female member in DCI. The representation of women in directorship and faculty of corps and judging is far, far less particularly if one looks at the non-color guard faculty. Add in established judges like Marie Grana Czapinski retiring to advise Phantom and Nola Jones seeming to travel less, the only women left seem to be color guard types. DCI could do far better than re-cycling the same names among judges and faculty.

There are some very good discussions regarding women's participation at the design, administrative and judging levels of all the marching arts, including DCI, in the Marching Roundtable podcast numbers 534-537. There is also an interview with Gillian Hulling, DCA's first female head judge in podcast number 544, for those who are interested in this topic.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 4

I believe the statistics show that their are two male competing members (pun not intended) to every female member in DCI. The representation of women in directorship and faculty of corps and judging is far, far less particularly if one looks at the non-color guard faculty. Add in established judges like Marie Grana Czapinski retiring to advise Phantom and Nola Jones seeming to travel less, the only women left seem to be color guard types. DCI could do far better than re-cycling the same names among judges and faculty.

oh geez. only left with those color guard types. :doh:

Wait... But what does this have to do with BAC? :cool:

Not much... near as I can tell, anyway. Why then do you ask us this question ?

Edited by BRASSO

I haven't heard one female named to any prominent position there save for Herbert Washington's assistant.

I'm sure all of these women from Boston find your comment insulting...

Boston Crusaders Admin:
Theresa Martin – Tour Manager
Bridget Wildes – Operations Assistant
Mary Mason McWhorter – Operations Assistant
Stephanie Aarons – Operations Assistant
Clara Turk – Operations Assistant
Medical:
Jenna Chinburg, ATC, LAT – Head Athletic Trainer
Media:
Katie Trombetti – Media Team Director
Amanda Sachtleben – Videographer
Lauren Bacho – Photographer
Inspire Arts & Music Team:
Donna Monte - Director of Accounting and Administration
Kristen Webber - Graphic Artist/Designer
Executive Board:
Christine Ryan, Secretary
Alicia Wells-Smith
Board of Directors:
Cichowski, Julia
Cochran, Allison
Cuddy, Karen
Dillard, Karen
Grandbois, Peg
Tucker, Vivien
Zappala, Dolores
  • Like 2

I'm sure all of these women from Boston find your comment insulting...

Boston Crusaders Admin:
Theresa Martin – Tour Manager
Bridget Wildes – Operations Assistant
Mary Mason McWhorter – Operations Assistant
Stephanie Aarons – Operations Assistant
Clara Turk – Operations Assistant
Medical:
Jenna Chinburg, ATC, LAT – Head Athletic Trainer
Media:
Katie Trombetti – Media Team Director
Amanda Sachtleben – Videographer
Lauren Bacho – Photographer
Inspire Arts & Music Team:
Donna Monte - Director of Accounting and Administration
Kristen Webber - Graphic Artist/Designer
Executive Board:
Christine Ryan, Secretary
Alicia Wells-Smith
Board of Directors:
Cichowski, Julia
Cochran, Allison
Cuddy, Karen
Dillard, Karen
Grandbois, Peg
Tucker, Vivien
Zappala, Dolores

I am glad that you listed all of them which list has never before appeared on DCP and definitely not since the BAC announcements started flowing after Finals.

Rather than knee-jerk react in your usual style, realize my comments were specific to present teaching faculty and those directors who vote on DCI issues such as DCI board.

No corps that I know of operates without women, not even The Madison Scouts or The Cavaliers.

If the women were insulted by my post, I am sure they are capable of having said so rather than you playing the male who has to speak for them as protector..

Edited by xandandl

I am glad that you listed all of them which list has never before appeared on DCP and definitely not since the BAC announcements started flowing after Finals.

Rather than knee-jerk react in your usual style, realize my comments were specific to present teaching faculty and those directors who vote on DCI issues such as DCI board.

No corps that I know of operates without women, not even The Madison Scouts or The Cavaliers.

If the women were insulted by my post, I am sure they are capable of having said so rather than you playing the male who has to speak for them as protector..

31901256.jpg

I haven't heard one female named to any prominent position there save for Herbert Washington's assistant.

Boston has more women elected and serving on its BOD than probably any other Corps BOD, or even DCI's own Executive Board. That said, I do agree with you that even Boston has more work to do in outreach. All DCI Corps could do more, imo.

On the field of competition, young women are found everywhere in healthy numbers, imo.. even increasingly in snare lines... and because they are qualified by merit alone. Boston had a female as one of its DM's last season, and lest we forget, it was a BAC female performer that gave the DCI activity this current season its largest exposure to the world at large, ever. DCI also has seen more female DM's on podiums than I can ever recall this season too ( Cadets, Crown, BK, et al )... so there is some improved marcher leadership " change " we are witnessing at least on the DCI field of competition anyway in this regard.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

23360743.jpg

• Like 1